Default Controls on update

Tekkra

10 hours ago, Roland said:

Someday the game won't update any more. There's that at least....

In my opinion, this day will suck!! It's like we get a new game every alpha!! I know it can't be this way forever but......

11 hours ago, Tekkra said:

There is nothing I like more than updating a game and having all my controls go back to default.  Some day I have grand hopes that this will not happen, but I think I ask too much.

Yeah this is kind of annoying but it is what it is I guess.

On 3/11/2021 at 10:54 PM, Tekkra said:

There is nothing I like more than updating a game and having all my controls go back to default.  Some day I have grand hopes that this will not happen, but I think I ask too much.

Well, one easy fix for that is to stick with the default controls and then you're golden 😁

updates are why i

set up all my preferences

close game

open regedit (windows users)

go to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die]

right click on that directory and choose export to desktop and give it a name like a19b5555settings

click  ok

start game back up and have at it.

if there are any updates that mess up my settings, i close game and click on the reg file that i saved and let it overwrite. start game back up to where you had it set.

:)

warning most time this works (unless) there was something deleted from game and the reg setting was deleted to which you may get an error... so you really must be used to using registry editing and are comfortable with it.

Archived