How do you change the map from Navezgane to one of the better ones on a Rented server please?

Biglittle

Hello everyone, I have "Limited" knowledge and understanding of Rcon and wanted to kindly ask if anyone knows "In Depth" how do I change the map to one of the better ones as its defaulted on Navezgane and I dont like it. I have tried to upload a picture of the server settings but this site wont allow it on this thread and it wont allow my links to the site I have uploaded the picture to....??

I have asked the Host multiple times how to do it and they are sending me the instructions but not telling me where the folders they are talking about are so I have kinda given up on asking them and thought id try on here please?

This is what the server Rcon is showing:

Game name - Game name here

Game world - Navezgane

Game Mode - GameModeSurvival

I have no idea how to change them and where to I get the PREGEN01/02/03 maps from please? I have looked for videos showing how to but they are all for people hosting the game from their house servers and not from a rented one.

Many thanks.

So the people you rented the server from gave you instructions and you were not able to follow them, right?

The truth is, they know better than anyone else how to do that. Ask a trustworthy friend with computer knowledge to read those instructions and help you with following those instructions. Nothing we can do here beats a user experienced in computer stuff directly in front of your screen.

Usually you can find the folders they are talking about by using your browser to access your rented server. Maybe there is a link somewhere in the instructions you got when you rented the server. If you need FTP instead to access those folders then it is a bit more complicated.

I assume you have to create a new world in your local game first and then upload it to the server. Only then can you change "Game world - Navezgane" to something else.

5 minutes ago, meganoth said:

So the people you rented the server from gave you instructions and you were not able to follow them, right?

The truth is, they know better than anyone else how to do that. Ask a trustworthy friend with computer knowledge to read those instructions and help you with following those instructions. Nothing we can do here beats a user experienced in computer stuff directly in front of your screen.

Usually you can find the folders they are talking about by using your browser to access your rented server. Maybe there is a link somewhere in the instructions you got when you rented the server. If you need FTP instead to access those folders then it is a bit more complicated.

I assume you have to create a new world in your local game first and then upload it to the server. Only then can you change "Game world - Navezgane" to something else.

They are telling me what to do but not telling me where the folders that they want me to do it with are? I paid them extra to install some mods that I was unsure how to do and all I want is one of the bigger maps installing and have asked if they can help or do it for me, I dont see what the issue is more so the other night I made a mistake and the server wasnt starting so I contacted them and they sorted it out and installed the stock Navezgane map, I said why didnt they just install the larger stock map I have been asking them help with rather than that map??

Thanks for your reply and help.

a) I guess for anyone to give you in-depth advice, you would want to provide some more information.

For example, rcon is just a protocol; the name of the actual program/ GUI/ server manager - if any - used here would be of interest.

Maybe at least try to describe what the instructions say, what tools they describe and at which point it is that you are stuck with said tools, having to decide about some folders but requiring direction.

b) Alas, for what it's worth:

Can you change the Game world entry?

If you are able to via dropdown or buttons or left/ right arrow keys, choose one of the other options - in this case I would expect the PREGENs or even "random world" to be available.

If you can write in that field, try to type PREGEN01 ( ...02, ...03) and see if that starts another map for you.

If you can do neither, resort to a) 

Thanks so much for your help guys! I tried to sort it and crashed the server, they then reinstalled the old stock map and I kindly asked if they would put the PREGEN map on and they have an hour ago and its great! im all sorted now thanks once again for all your suggestions and time.

For Game Name, put the map name, in this case PREGEN01.  For Game World put rwg.  Game Mode is always GameModeSurvival. To switch to other maps all you need to do is change the game name. For a custom, random map just type any word in Game Name and it will generate or make a new map. I hope this is what you were asking for. To use maps generated by Nitrogen generator, settings are a little different.

19 hours ago, Star69 said:

For Game Name, put the map name, in this case PREGEN01.  For Game World put rwg.  Game Mode is always GameModeSurvival. To switch to other maps all you need to do is change the game name. For a custom, random map just type any word in Game Name and it will generate or make a new map. I hope this is what you were asking for. To use maps generated by Nitrogen generator, settings are a little different.

Many thanks Nomad! that will come in usefull in the near future. cheers.

Archived