The Wasteland - Auger issue

Spike729

I have no idea why that would be happening. I haven't added anything to do with the auger. 

I hopped on a game real quick and ran a few tanks of gas through an auger and nothing out of the ordinary happened. 

Any other mods installed? Tried a completely fresh game to double check?

Only thing I could think of is go into dm mode, hit f3, and check the box in the upper left side that is "Ply" something. That'll open a box on the right side that shows any buffs you have. Then use the auger and when you get knocked down see what buff it is or of there is any other info. 

Summary: The Wasteland - Auger issue

Game Version: A19 b6

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10 Home 64bit

CPU Model: Intel i7-6700K

System Memory: 16 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1070 8GB)

Screen Resolution: (1980x1080)

Video Settings:  Medium

Game mode: MP host / MP client (P2PMP)

Did you wipe old saves?  (Yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (Yes)

EAC on or off? On

Introductory MODThe Wasteland Only

Bug Description:

If a client who participates in multiplayer uses an auger or chainsaw, the multiplayer will randomly knock down.

In this case, it only happens when the client is doing block damage with an auger or chainsaw.

And, it also affects other MP clients that are not using an auger or chainsaw.

The same event did not occur on the MP host that launched the multiplayer server.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) The host launches a new world in P2P mode.

2) MP Client logs in and uses an auger or chainsaw to damage either block.

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

MP Client randomly knock down.

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)
MP Client don't knock down.

spacer.png

Hi everyone

I don't know if it's because of the mod or not, I have it installed and nothing similar has happened to me, I think it may be something vanilla or that it only happens in MP (with the mod) for some strange reason.
Another mod with something similar that I have seen is the Undead Legacy, the character begins to fall slowly and you lose control of the mouse a bit, it is very strange.
Regards

Thank you for your reaction.

We exchanged hosts / clients with a total of 6 people for verification.

We are convinced that this is a reproducible event.

As mentioned above, this event seems to occur only in the MP.

Again, this does not happen with the host player.

I hope you find a better solution.

17 minutes ago, achtmond said:

Thank you for your reaction.

We exchanged hosts / clients with a total of 6 people for verification.

We are convinced that this is a reproducible event.

As mentioned above, this event seems to occur only in the MP.

Again, this does not happen with the host player.

I hope you find a better solution.

You could post your complete mod list or much much better the games logfile, so people here have a chance finding likely causes.

Next test would be to remove all mods and see if a vanilla game shows the same effect. Then add mods one after another (always creating a new game and always install it on server and client) and check if the problem occurs again

This event did not occur in the MP of the vanilla game.

I exchanged multiple hosts / clients and tried, but nothing happened.

The above report confirmed that only the "The Wasteland" mod was introduced.

No other mods have been introduced.

If I don't understand the information you want, please let me know what to provide.

If you need to provide a host-side log file or a client-side log file, where should I refer and which file should I provide?

7 minutes ago, ZaraEatsRainbows said:

Hi i also have this probblem and am also running the wasteland 1.7

Hi ZaraEatsRainbows

I have that same version, which is the last one where it adds the mutants and I have not had any problems.
Regards

I can say its happening on a dedicated server as well. We have a couple of mods so we were really confused to the source, and until now we couldn't find any info on this issue.

What we found is it happens randomly if not very frequently, until it suddenly just happens fairly consistently. A server reset seems to fix it temporarily until it starts again; and because its a dedicated server everyone is affected because there's no "host" player.

On 2/16/2021 at 11:18 PM, Arcueid_Brunestud said:

What we found is it happens randomly if not very frequently, until it suddenly just happens fairly consistently. A server reset seems to fix it temporarily until it starts again; and because its a dedicated server everyone is affected because there's no "host" player.

Seems pretty consistent to my experience however i am just playing with one friend via p2p, love your work though so far dude!

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let everyone in this thread know, I just pushed an update to The Wasteland that should fix this issue. It's on Git and the launcher now, and uploading to Nexus at the moment and should be out in the morning.

Thanks again to achtmond and his group for testing out the fixes for me. :)

On 3/7/2021 at 3:21 AM, bdubyah said:

Just to let everyone in this thread know, I just pushed an update to The Wasteland that should fix this issue. It's on Git and the launcher now, and uploading to Nexus at the moment and should be out in the morning.

Thanks again to achtmond and his group for testing out the fixes for me. :)

Awesome that there was a fix. I have to know though, what was causing it? Because i was all over those files trying to figure it out myself and wasn't seeing anything that seemed to match.

It was in progression. Was the Heavy Hands perk book. I used the tag "melee" for it, which included the auger/chainsaw. Also didn't gate the perk properly, which is why it happened from day 1.

I tested it a bit and it seems fine now. But just looking at it, it seems like it could still happen, just now with "perkBrawler" tagged items. But I think maybe it had to do with how the game uses onSelfPrimaryActionRayHit. For a tool like the auger I guess even hitting a block counted, but it didn't seem to count it for melee weapons. Or it at least didn't seem to fire in my limited testing.

That makes sense, i assume weapon recoil and other effects don't count the same, but for some reason the auger is basically hitting you with what is effectively a 0 damage attack to keep shifting the camera. And the reason other melee weapons work differently is because they don't have a recoil effect like the auger does.

Archived