(A21-A20-A19) Oak's Pet Animals and Guards

arramus

4 hours ago, Mystiana said:

Good day! 

I'm having problems with the Mushroom Planter.  It reaches the fruiting stage okay, but it vanishes afterwards.  Just...POOF!  Any idea why this might be happening?  I've also had turret guards seem to disappear.  I'm not sure if a mob destroyed the turret, but I actually watched as the Mushroom Planter disappeared.  Any help would be appreciated.

We'll take a look at the mushroom planter and see if the upgrade to A20 caused any issues. It was working just fine in A19 but this feature wasn't tested for A20 as some other things took precedence such as the Turret Guard class being removed from A20.

Sometimes the Turret Guards will disappear. This is an issue with the NPCMod guards as well. It was a bit of an issue with the TFP sledge as well as it would sink under a block from time to time.

It seems to be cause when a player leaves the area and that chunk of the world unloads everything. When the player returns and everything reloads, it could be that the Turret Guard is loading slightly before the ground reloads and they fall under the world to never be seen again. We have seen Turret Guards on top of towers sink down to ground level and get trapped inside the blocks. These ones were just able to survive as the ground spawned just in time to give them something to land on.

6 hours ago, Mystiana said:

Good day! 

I'm having problems with the Mushroom Planter.  It reaches the fruiting stage okay, but it vanishes afterwards.  Just...POOF!  Any idea why this might be happening?

I tested the Mushroom Planter in more detail for A20 and could confirm the issue.

The Mushroom Planter has a growth stage that is governed by the 'Crops Growing Master' and it is this stage that is causing the issue.

The 'Crops Growing Master' is hard coded to only allow things to be grown on a 'natural ground' type surface.

This shows one Mushroom Planter being destroyed when placed next to another and adding the Mycelium Starter on gravel.

20220728142545_1.thumb.jpg.ca0034747be37099e9b7b62ccfc34cd9.jpg

20220728142547_1.thumb.jpg.57071ecd2434c8f2e5e21fe800e9c1ca.jpg

This shows the Mushroom Planter being destroyed when placed next to each other on a 'crafted' wooden surface.

20220728142632_1.thumb.jpg.81df71019fa6ffa17e61eccaa69c6ad4.jpg

20220728142635_1.thumb.jpg.a9ae1ffc2f0834b4d93b85ec9d25e4b7.jpg

and as you saw, it will further be destroyed if it moves to the final stage after fruiting.

However, when the Mushroom Planter is placed directly on a ground type surface (Forest Top Soil, Desert Ground, Clay, Snow, Wasteland/Burnt Forest), and this includes manually adding something like 'Top Soil' as a substrate, it will successfully complete the growth cycles.

4 Mushroom Planters placed next to each other on a grass type surface. They went through the whole cycle without issue.

20220728151912_1.thumb.jpg.08a05d3ad130e1de1e066b54ac947592.jpg

2 Mushroom Planters placed next to each other on 'Top Soil' placed by the player.

20220728152207_1.thumb.jpg.bf2ddb32aacbbe0b3bfbda34810fedbf.jpg

These could go to full harvesting stage.

20220728152258_1.thumb.jpg.e46a7b5979dca70c321d98c2200fe8f7.jpg

And accept starter.

20220728152305_1.thumb.jpg.b285d7e5e7bb37218d9bab3e65d0fc80.jpg

Clay is OK.

20220728155145_1.thumb.jpg.4d7a74227d991b77152d333796b5c9b4.jpg

As is Desert, and so on.

20220728154939_1.thumb.jpg.4259a6ded3abc1af550335ed04ef4a63.jpg

I have updated the description of the Mushroom Planter to read.

"Put on the ground (Forest top soil, clay, desert, snow, wasteland/burnt forest), add Mycelium Starter, and wait. Do not place directly onto road, gravel, or player made blocks as it will be destroyed. You can add a ground surface inside your base as a substrate."

and uploaded the change to the download. It seems the 'Crop Growing Master' is sensitive to substrate and to keep it server side only, we will just have to adapt how things are done and stay within its requirements.

20220728142637_1.jpg

20220728142638_1.jpg

Hello! I just got my server up and running and would definitely love this mod as a pseudo farm animal addition to the game. I attempted to search the thread and couldn't find any mention (if I missed it I apologize) but is there a way to have this be just pets without the guards? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Inaudible said:

Hello! I just got my server up and running and would definitely love this mod as a pseudo farm animal addition to the game. I attempted to search the thread and couldn't find any mention (if I missed it I apologize) but is there a way to have this be just pets without the guards? Thanks in advance!

It is possible by performing a few actions to the files.

Removing the Turret Guards (human type guards)

To stop guards appearing in the Supply Drops it requires going to the loot.xml and deleting Line 36 to 50, which is what the loot group called 'turretguards' contains.

It also requires deleting Line 56 which tells the Supply Drop to sometimes add that 'turretguards' group into the box.

Removing the Guard Animals

Go to the traders.xml and delete Line 5 to 19. This is the Guard Animals group.

Then delete Line 34 for the 'guards'. This is for the trader shop.

Admin can still bring them in through Creative Menu but doing the above deletes their hook ups to the Air Drop and Trader. These are the only two players these guards are accessible.

11 hours ago, arramus said:

It is possible by performing a few actions to the files.

Removing the Turret Guards (human type guards)

To stop guards appearing in the Supply Drops it requires going to the loot.xml and deleting Line 36 to 50, which is what the loot group called 'turretguards' contains.

It also requires deleting Line 56 which tells the Supply Drop to sometimes add that 'turretguards' group into the box.

Removing the Guard Animals

Go to the traders.xml and delete Line 5 to 19. This is the Guard Animals group.

Then delete Line 34 for the 'guards'. This is for the trader shop.

Admin can still bring them in through Creative Menu but doing the above deletes their hook ups to the Air Drop and Trader. These are the only two players these guards are accessible.

You are a scholar, many thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

• 1 month later...

Amazing mod, some concerns regarding lag and limits as such as I wonder if these would cause any lag say someone has 20 each of turret guards, animals or guard animals?  Envisage any problems with this?  I was testing and did place down from the F6 menu an item called  guard template which resulted in about 6.5 million error lines so safe to say will be keeping an eye on that one in future! :D.....dev server also crashed.

In terms of the guard turrets, I noticed some were commented out such as "GuardHandsim" "GuardZeus1" "GuardPsyren1" and so on, are these hidden treasures or should be avoided for some reason?

Also the guards seems quite powerful with their shots, were taking down loads within 2 shots, headshots I figure but is there a way to reduce their impact at all, I guess they do have limited health and don't heal unlike the animals do, shame they don't self heal and I gather theres no  way to apply that.  Thanks

I wonder if these would cause any lag say someone has 20 each of turret guards, animals or guard animals?
Larger servers notice some performance issues if there are too many guards and animals populating the world. They often set players a limit

I was testing and did place down from the F6 menu an item called  guard template which resulted in about 6.5 million error lines so safe to say will be keeping an eye on that one in future! :D.....dev server also crashed.
A template entity is generally not supposed to be spawned using F6. It is not accessible in game and Admin should not attempt to spawn it on the server.

I noticed some were commented out such as "GuardHandsim" "GuardZeus1" "GuardPsyren1" and so on, are these hidden treasures or should be avoided for some reason?
These were experimental for A18 but did not work out. They could roam freely just like a player. If they enter a Trader area, it crashes the server. Their alternative was not appropriate. That is one reason for the turret guards.

Also the guards seems quite powerful with their shots, were taking down loads within 2 shots, headshots I figure but is there a way to reduce their impact at all, I guess they do have limited health and don't heal unlike the animals do, shame they don't self heal and I gather theres no  way to apply that.  Thanks
As with player weapons, the turret guard weapons are governed in the items.xml. It is possible to reduce entity damage among other settings.

In A19 it was possible for players to heal their turret guards using a bandage. In A20, TFP removed this ability as the entity class they used was removed from the game. The turret guards are using the last remaining class for Traders which is good for some things but not for that.

I wonder if these would cause any lag say someone has 20 each of turret guards, animals or guard animals?
Larger servers notice some performance issues if there are too many guards and animals populating the world. They often set players a limit

Any ideas on how they would enforce such a thing?  Guess they would need deleting from loot/quests xyz and held back but then the animals that are made as pets would be more an issue possibly.  There would always be one player wanting to have 100 chickens or something no doubt

A template entity is generally not supposed to be spawned using F6. It is not accessible in game and Admin should not attempt to spawn it on the server.

Agreed but if an Admin makes an error thats a server crash, it would probably be better being away from the menu perhaps

Communities that regulated the amount removed the guards from the traders and airdrops and rationed them out to each player.

For chicken and rabbits it will require admin monitoring and management.

For GuardTemplate add <property name="HideInSpawnMenu" value="true"/> to its entityclasses.xml so it doesn't appear in the menu.

Oakraven often reads these comments and may hide it in the same way TFP hide zombieTemplateMale from the menu.

On 9/27/2022 at 5:29 PM, arramus said:

Communities that regulated the amount removed the guards from the traders and airdrops and rationed them out to each player.

For chicken and rabbits it will require admin monitoring and management.

For GuardTemplate add <property name="HideInSpawnMenu" value="true"/> to its entityclasses.xml so it doesn't appear in the menu.

Oakraven often reads these comments and may hide it in the same way TFP hide zombieTemplateMale from the menu.

Thanks this was a tremendous help! 

Would this have done the same thing?  Tested a couple days ago but didn't seem to work, maybe needed setting to false or just the wrong snippet: 

<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>

This was before you code edit https://gyazo.com/b5552d1dcbc84504a8b2b47c75b15216

Heres after, any ideas on the remaining two, couldn't seem to locate them as such https://gyazo.com/e1240ee381c4454487efe476cc1763cd

Line    5:         <entity_class name="ZombieTemplate2" extends="zombieTemplateMale">
    Line   37:         <entity_class name="GuardTemplate" extends="animalTemplateTimid">
    Line   76:         <entity_class name="GuardRabbit" extends="animalTemplateTimid">
    Line  136:         <entity_class name="PetBoar" extends="animalStag">                
    Line  172:         <entity_class name="PetRabbit" extends="animalTemplateTimid">                
    Line  214:         <entity_class name="PetStag" extends="animalTemplateTimid">
    Line  263:         <entity_class name="PetChicken" extends="animalTemplateTimid">
    Line  305:         <entity_class name="PetPig" extends="animalTemplateTimid">
    Line  334:         <entity_class name="PetBear" extends="GuardTemplate">
    Line  389:         <entity_class name="PetWolf" extends="animalTemplateTimid">
    Line  438:         <entity_class name="PetCoyote" extends="PetWolf">
    Line  469:         <entity_class name="PetDoe" extends="PetStag">
    Line  496:         <entity_class name="GuardHellBear" extends="GuardTemplate">
    Line  567:         <entity_class name="GuardHellBoar" extends="GuardTemplate">
    Line  632:         <entity_class name="GuardHellWolf" extends="GuardRabbit">
    Line  700:         <entity_class name="GuardHellLion" extends="GuardHellWolf">
    Line  810:         <entity_class name="GuardLizzy" extends="ZombieTemplate2">
    Line  853:             <entity_class name="GuardPsyren" extends="ZombieTemplate2">
    Line  896:         <entity_class name="GuardZeus" extends="ZombieTemplate2">
    Line  970:     <entity_class name="GuardDogLead" extends="GuardHellWolf">
    Line 1012:     <entity_class name="GuardDogCoal" extends="GuardDogLead">
    Line 1049: <entity_class name="GuardDogNitrate" extends="GuardDogLead">
    Line 1086: <entity_class name="GuardDogShale" extends="GuardDogLead">
    Line 1125:             <entity_class name="GuardTurretStuner">
    Line 1175: <entity_class name="TurretGuardSim" extends="GuardTurretStuner">
    Line 1195: <entity_class name="GuardTurretLizzy" extends="GuardTurretStuner">
    Line 1215: <entity_class name="GuardTurretDre" extends="GuardTurretStuner">
    Line 1235: <entity_class name="GuardTurretFox" extends="GuardTurretStuner">
    Line 1255: <entity_class name="GuardTurretBandit" extends="GuardTurretStuner">
    Line 1275: <entity_class name="GuardTurretBanditFoxy" extends="GuardTurretStuner">
    Line 1295: <entity_class name="TurretGuardLeader" extends="GuardTurretStuner">
    Line 1315: <entity_class name="TurretGuardCompoundBowMan" extends="GuardTurretStuner">
    Line 1335: <entity_class name="TurretGuardDarkstardragon" extends="GuardTurretStuner">
    Line 1355: <entity_class name="TurretGuardJoJo" extends="GuardTurretStuner">
    Line 1375: <entity_class name="TurretGuardLezabel" extends="GuardTurretStuner">
    Line 1395: <entity_class name="TurretGuardOakraven" extends="GuardTurretStuner">

Heres the total list of entities

5 hours ago, RAGE PVE said:

Thanks this was a tremendous help! 

Would this have done the same thing?  Tested a couple days ago but didn't seem to work, maybe needed setting to false or just the wrong snippet: 

CreativeMode should be for placeables and SpawnMenu should be for spawnables.

The remaining 2 do not exist in this mod. Pew Pew (MickkPewPews Server Side Zeds) should offer a big hint there.

8 hours ago, Alboz said:

Hi all. I've got "New York Undead" map working great but would like "Oak's Pet and Guards" mod to work with it, but it's not :(

How do I do it ?

I am unable to replicate the issue with only New York Undead custom World and this mod installed and launched.

FVyxfFq.jpg

18 hours ago, arramus said:

CreativeMode should be for placeables and SpawnMenu should be for spawnables.

The remaining 2 do not exist in this mod. Pew Pew (MickkPewPews Server Side Zeds) should offer a big hint there.

Aha! (lols)....thanks.

So this code here <property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/> is this correct or should it say false also?

Also the New York map creator, do we know if hes in this thread at all?  I'd like to enquire about some of the details on the map such as the legend and things

Aha! (lols)....thanks.

So this code here <property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/> is this correct or should it say false also?

Also the New York map creator, do we know if hes in this thread at all?  I'd like to enquire about some of the details on the map such as the legend and things

Creative Mode possibilities in TFP xml. There is no reference to True or False as with the way the Spawn Menu functions.

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Test"/> (commented out)

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>

As for the New Yorker World, checking the Prefabs channel appears to be the best place to check for discussion.

8 hours ago, Artemisia said:

New York map creator is active here: https://7daystodiemods.com/map-new-york-undead/

Thats where I found the map but there isn't a contact thanks. Was wondering what the legend is etc

9 hours ago, arramus said:

Creative Mode possibilities in TFP xml. There is no reference to True or False as with the way the Spawn Menu functions.

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Test"/> (commented out)

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>

As for the New Yorker World, checking the Prefabs channel appears to be the best place to check for discussion.

Oh great, I'm adding all this to a little skills share trello board for our team atm.  One thing I can't get working right though is enabling the spawnmenu in the admin permissions for mods etc. Would you know what that may need to be to lock things so they don't have to be level 0 in order to make it function as obviously we want them to be able to work things for events etc

1 hour ago, RAGE PVE said:

Thats where I found the map but there isn't a contact thanks. Was wondering what the legend is etc

Oh great, I'm adding all this to a little skills share trello board for our team atm.  One thing I can't get working right though is enabling the spawnmenu in the admin permissions for mods etc. Would you know what that may need to be to lock things so they don't have to be level 0 in order to make it function as obviously we want them to be able to work things for events etc

If it's not in the list of server admin permissions by default, then it'll require a third party server management mod. I don't believe the spawnmenu is given its own unique permission level. That's very much a 7D2D Admin Coalition question.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 7:22 AM, magejosh said:

Sorry i solved this conflict with NPCmod last night and forgot to share. 

Anyone using both needs to open the utilityai.xml and change the line 3 i believe it is which i have commented out here to the uncommented version. The name had a one character change which causes this mod to fail to load this utilityai.xml file.

<!-- mjedit to harmonize with NPCmod -->
	<!-- <insertBefore xpath="/utility_ai/ai_packages/ai_package[@name='Zombie_Dumb']" > -->
	<insertBefore xpath="/utility_ai/ai_packages/ai_package[@name='Zombie Dumb']" >

@MandyCMoore This solves the conflict with using the NPCMod and Oak's Pet Animals and Guards at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a couple probs with the guards here, in terms of server usage other players can just kill them, they don't heal as we know until A21.  The landclaims also don't impact, we don't want them invincible but damaged only by enemies, is there a way to edit the mod to make that work at all?   

Just a couple probs with the guards here, in terms of server usage other players can just kill them, they don't heal as we know until A21.  The landclaims also don't impact, we don't want them invincible but damaged only by enemies, is there a way to edit the mod to make that work at all?   

I'm sure Oakraven will respond here if this is something he wants to share publicly. Potential solutions include self healing or a different faction set up.

On 11/4/2022 at 11:59 PM, arramus said:

I'm sure Oakraven will respond here if this is something he wants to share publicly. Potential solutions include self healing or a different faction set up.

Until we find a way to stop players killing them for the fun of it we can't really make use of the mod although it does seem pretty good this one!

Edited by RAGE PVE (see edit history)

8 hours ago, RAGE PVE said:

Until we find a way to stop players killing them for the fun of it we can't really make use of the mod although it does seem pretty good this one!

Over the last few Alpha builds, NPC flexibility has reduced dramatically. A19 could use a very specific 'survivor' NPC which allowed healing from other players. Even so, they were not impervious to attack from other players and they could still be killed. A20 reduced that down to using the 'trader' NPC which sees further reduction in what is possible. Only so much change can be made using xml modding as some features are hard coded and not accessible. Such additions would potentially require Harmony patching. This is what the NPC Mod has achieved.

Players killing them for the fun of it should show player kills in their kill counts. Killing 1 accidentally or killing 10 with intention is typically very clear and maybe such players should be suspended/banned as part of regular Admin activities. Until anything can be changed for the future, maybe this mod is best for small private communities/friends/single players.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:22 AM, arramus said:

Over the last few Alpha builds, NPC flexibility has reduced dramatically. A19 could use a very specific 'survivor' NPC which allowed healing from other players. Even so, they were not impervious to attack from other players and they could still be killed. A20 reduced that down to using the 'trader' NPC which sees further reduction in what is possible. Only so much change can be made using xml modding as some features are hard coded and not accessible. Such additions would potentially require Harmony patching. This is what the NPC Mod has achieved.

Players killing them for the fun of it should show player kills in their kill counts. Killing 1 accidentally or killing 10 with intention is typically very clear and maybe such players should be suspended/banned as part of regular Admin activities. Until anything can be changed for the future, maybe this mod is best for small private communities/friends/single players.

Thank you Arramus, as always a gent!