Mod Request

Dragonbait

Hey everyone just wanted to see if anyone has made a mod that reverts weapons back to the V16 weapon structure. I know it might seem like an odd request, but I find the new system unrewarding. This new game is about finding stone everything and occasionally a weapon. I liked it better when weapons were a little more common and that we were hunting for the "good parts" even a level 1 or two pistol sometimes had a part you were excited for. Made the game feel more rewarding. Plus I had a sense of attachment to my weapons as they evolved in strength gave me a goal. I can't stand the fact that now all we find is stone everything even at like level 30 still stone everywhere.... If someone could put this together or if they know of one it would be appreciated :D

Thanks,

Dragon

On 12/13/2020 at 5:50 AM, Dragonbait said:

Hey everyone just wanted to see if anyone has made a mod that reverts weapons back to the V16 weapon structure.

Just a hint: It's not the "weapon system" you want to be reverted, but the progression system.

If someone talks about "V16 weapon system," at least i think of finding gun parts and assemble guns out of these parts, or reassemble parts to get a higher quality gun out of those parts.

Just curious am I the only one that misses this system? The new system feels so easy and i feel like i've done everything by like day 12... There are so few items and things to look for in the game that matter now. I keep hoping they will add more bosses and special things like "unique" weapons or items or just more in general. Instead I kind of feel like they keep taking out cool things and making it simple...

4 hours ago, Dragonbait said:

Just curious am I the only one that misses this system? The new system feels so easy and i feel like i've done everything by like day 12... There are so few items and things to look for in the game that matter now. I keep hoping they will add more bosses and special things like "unique" weapons or items or just more in general. Instead I kind of feel like they keep taking out cool things and making it simple...

A very selective perception: In A16 there were 4 melee weapons and 4 guns (plus blunderbuss and tools) and now there are 3 times as much. So I think more weapons won't help you.

16 hours ago, Dragonbait said:

Nope. I miss it too. Because we couldn't craft guns, it kept you constantly looking for better parts to swap into your gun to upgrade it.

15 hours ago, meganoth said:

A very selective perception: In A16 there were 4 melee weapons and 4 guns (plus blunderbuss and tools) and now there are 3 times as much. So I think more weapons won't help you.

I think you mistook my point. I get they are adding more stuff though it does not feel like 3 x the content ... that aside yes there were only 4 guns before but you had like 5 parts to each gun you were always hunting so by your logic there is actually 2x less content in the game now ( 3x being inaccurate at best imo) Though my intention is not to argue semantics, the point I was going for is it feels like there is nothing to really do any more once you find the weapons. You are done simple, sure there are slight variances to it, but not much and they truly don't matter and what's up with the epic tier 6 guns not have the higher range like the tier 5 and lower.... anyway just my thoughts is all. Appreciate everyone's feedback though. 

9 hours ago, Dragonbait said:

I think you mistook my point. I get they are adding more stuff though it does not feel like 3 x the content ... that aside yes there were only 4 guns before but you had like 5 parts to each gun you were always hunting so by your logic there is actually 2x less content in the game now ( 3x being inaccurate at best imo) Though my intention is not to argue semantics, the point I was going for is it feels like there is nothing to really do any more once you find the weapons. You are done simple, sure there are slight variances to it, but not much and they truly don't matter and what's up with the epic tier 6 guns not have the higher range like the tier 5 and lower.... anyway just my thoughts is all. Appreciate everyone's feedback though. 

I'm not trying to refute your point. I'm just saying that the hope you express for more of anything would probably not really help you. You need an entirely new or the "A16-old" system.

I even agree in part: I think the traders are still much too good at providing whatever is missing and filling any holes. Loot is too generous as well, instead of weapons you should be happy to find a weapon part here and there. Decreasing loot abundance helps a bit but uniformly decreases loot (instead of making better stuff scarce) and the trader is still in the way.

I really liked that mechanic too and miss it. I can't promise I'll ever complete anything at all, but I'll poke at it and see if it's something that can be feasibly restored. There would be a few minor differences though since some underlying systems have also changed. I'm not sure if use can still be locked if the primary slots aren't filled, etc. The parts wouldn't have visible level indicators for all parameters but instead would have random attributes like the whole guns do currently. So you'd have to look at their descriptions or slot them in and look at the stat changes.

I dunno, we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived