Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUS (A20)

arramus

I absolutely am in love with this mod, it spawns in all the zombies and they look amazing! I know it could be something simple on my end to fix. But I'm having an issue with hitboxes, I can't kill any zombies nor can they kill me. I do have another zombie mod by Robeloto that works (I've taken it out to test this, still get the duplicate physicalbodies.xml error and no hitbox)  I had this issue previously downloading this which saddens me because I really want this to work. I praise you all for doing such an amazing job on this! My game version is 19.3 (b6) Please do forgive me if I'm being stupid about this, I'm somewhat new to mods being installed in the game and compatibility. I don't have many other mods installed. I tried a new game and the issue still persists. I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I tried skimming across here to find a solution to the problem and no result to my noggin so far unless I overlooked in a desperate attempt to find one lol. I appreciate any help! 😃 

1 hour ago, 220lunacy said:

I absolutely am in love with this mod, it spawns in all the zombies and they look amazing! I know it could be something simple on my end to fix. But I'm having an issue with hitboxes, I can't kill any zombies nor can they kill me. I do have another zombie mod by Robeloto that works (I've taken it out to test this, still get the duplicate physicalbodies.xml error and no hitbox)  I had this issue previously downloading this which saddens me because I really want this to work. I praise you all for doing such an amazing job on this! My game version is 19.3 (b6) Please do forgive me if I'm being stupid about this, I'm somewhat new to mods being installed in the game and compatibility. I don't have many other mods installed. I tried a new game and the issue still persists. I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I tried skimming across here to find a solution to the problem and no result to my noggin so far unless I overlooked in a desperate attempt to find one lol. I appreciate any help! 😃 

This sounds very frustrating because it is a game breaker for sure. I wonder if you have any other mods running with the Snufkin Zombies.

If you have this running on a server, feel free to send the IP address via private message and I can take a visit.

I do. It's not on a server, just client side in my mods folder. I don't have the money to afford the server hosting sites, nor can my computer handle hosting servers plus the game too (dedicated server makes my game crash, so I don't use it anymore), either (all settings are turned on low or off just to play smoothly). So It makes me think that could be it too? I have Snufkin's Extended Weapon's (updated version), works fine in game. I have an OP trader mod and skull work table I saw in yellow error when this mod was enabled. But I had pulled those out and I still couldn't get any hitboxes. I let a lot of mods go due to conflictions in the past and game version issues. So I've definitely been wondering what to do as far as the physicalbodies.xml execution duplicate error when I put it back in there. If you have discord, I'll PM you my discord at least if I can't manage to get it to work, join in and see what's wrong if possible that way? It really is a game breaker because I love this mod

Okay after some major digging, I found the mod that was conflicting some of it (FINALLY). Had to edit that mod's .xml file to find it. The mod by itself works great on it's own! Had fun for a bit! I wanted more variety to mess up my bases as much as possible and a challenge with Robeloto's zombie pack of 33 zombies that got updated too. However now it makes sense as to why the double physics error pops up as that mod includes the Archon,  Geist, and Scarecrow from this mod. So I'm assuming I just remove those lines from the physicsbodies.xml and entityclasses.xml within that mod from that one? I really do appreciate everything 😃 . I absolutely love this community 

2 hours ago, 220lunacy said:

Okay after some major digging, I found the mod that was conflicting some of it (FINALLY). Had to edit that mod's .xml file to find it. The mod by itself works great on it's own! Had fun for a bit! I wanted more variety to mess up my bases as much as possible and a challenge with Robeloto's zombie pack of 33 zombies that got updated too. However now it makes sense as to why the double physics error pops up as that mod includes the Archon,  Geist, and Scarecrow from this mod. So I'm assuming I just remove those lines from the physicsbodies.xml and entityclasses.xml within that mod from that one? I really do appreciate everything 😃 . I absolutely love this community 

Good finds. That's correct, some modders have incorporated the same zombies into their mods without changing the assets and they will double up and conflict. I saw one server host add 1 letter to the names of the duplicate sets and slightly add a little customisation which added to the variety. Looks like you're all set and good.

I have a dedicated server running next to my gaming rig and they share the same monitor. It's good for testing mods in a live environment. They are both almost 6 years old but I keep the graphics card as up to date as possible on the gaming one. The server was a compact used offering set up about 6 months ago that I got from a used business PC seller. It cost $200 all in and has an i7 4770, a simple SSD, and 16gb RAM. It's the SSD that makes all the difference for this game for sure. It's a chunk to pay up front if the money's not around but the possibility is there.

9 minutes ago, arramus said:

Good finds. That's correct, some modders have incorporated the same zombies into their mods without changing the assets and they will double up and conflict. I saw one server host add 1 letter to the names of the duplicate sets and slightly add a little customisation which added to the variety. Looks like you're all set and good.

I have a dedicated server running next to my gaming rig and they share the same monitor. It's good for testing mods in a live environment. They are both almost 6 years old but I keep the graphics card as up to date as possible on the gaming one. The server was a compact used offering set up about 6 months ago that I got from a used business PC seller. It cost $200 all in and has an i7 4770, a simple SSD, and 16gb RAM. It's the SSD that makes all the difference for this game for sure. It's a chunk to pay up front if the money's not around but the possibility is there.

Indeed, thank you! I praise modders and their ability to make amazing stuff and honestly would love to mod things myself if I had the mental capacity for it. I used to mod simple stuff in Sims back in the day, but not coding in text to xml format. I have loads of ideas I'd love to do, or update old mods with permission/tweak some things for personal play like this. Especially when A20 drops. Vanilla has just gotten, well, vanilla. I did get them both working finally! Took a minute, but I got it 😃 ! Was headed back here to tell the news lol. Edited the entitygroups.xml and spawn.xml within the other of those 3 as well. Works like a charm! I'm a happy camper now to have both. I can't wait for the chaos to ensue!

I actually just put in some new RAM (16GB total 1600MHz per slot). Luckily that was cheap enough to get. I was looking on newegg not too long ago about upgrades for that. I really need a new CPU and motherboard too in order to handle the GPU/Video Card. I really do appreciate you telling me about the used i7 4770, can't beat that deal with a stick to be honest with you. A friend of mine got an i5 for around $600 not too long ago (new). Money is just the issue for me at the moment, but hopefully not too long. Mine is about that old too, but it's not a gaming rig by any means lol. Just as long as I can play some (used to crash a lot with just 4 GB of RAM) I'm happy lol. I can't work currently so this is all I pretty much do nowadays due to health problems. All my gaming buddies/buddies are busy back to work (lucky @%$#s), so I'm back going at it solo testing things out. Again I really do thank you for being kind to me and giving me some sweet info to look into! Hope all is well!

1 hour ago, AndrewT said:

I increased the prob in the entitygroups.xml for certain zombies in certain biomes and they still dont spawn roaming the areas

I wonder what day your World is on and if your World has reached maximum entity count which means they won't really spawn so much until slots are opened up by eliminating others in the World.

2 hours ago, AndrewT said:

i was two days away from day 14 and i assume that the custom zombie spawn is also affected by game stage

Custom zombie spawn is somewhat connected to Game Stage. They have their own custom spawn groups which are not connected and they will appear in mass regardless. That is one reason we release the 'lite' version to support new Worlds as it could be a bit too intense. They are also integrated into default groups which will not change their probability but reduce their volume.

20 hours ago, arramus said:

Custom zombie spawn is somewhat connected to Game Stage. They have their own custom spawn groups which are not connected and they will appear in mass regardless. That is one reason we release the 'lite' version to support new Worlds as it could be a bit too intense. They are also integrated into default groups which will not change their probability but reduce their volume.

alright good to know

22 hours ago, arramus said:

when i had an older version of the mod i really liked it when the zombies would randomly spawn and i liked the challenge they give when fighting them

1 hour ago, AndrewT said:

when i had an older version of the mod i really liked it when the zombies would randomly spawn and i liked the challenge they give when fighting them

The spawn groups for this version and the old version are exactly the same so I hope it will provide a similar feel and challenge. The only major differences are that there are more variety of zombies and they will either spawn a lot (default version) or at a more comfortable amount (light version). The light version is actually much closer to the original default version.

It is also possible to change things here and there by yourself if you want a certain zombie to have more XP, more chance of spawning, or higher HP, etc. If you aren't familiar with how to change that by yourself, we can offer some instructions..

14 hours ago, arramus said:

The spawn groups for this version and the old version are exactly the same so I hope it will provide a similar feel and challenge. The only major differences are that there are more variety of zombies and they will either spawn a lot (default version) or at a more comfortable amount (light version). The light version is actually much closer to the original default version.

It is also possible to change things here and there by yourself if you want a certain zombie to have more XP, more chance of spawning, or higher HP, etc. If you aren't familiar with how to change that by yourself, we can offer some instructions..

Well I know how to increase the spawn probability in the entitygroups.xml but I think the problem im having is I install the mod when my playthrough is still at a relatively low game stage therefore the zombies don't spawn as much. But if you can show me some instructions I would like to see them 

7 hours ago, AndrewT said:

Well I know how to increase the spawn probability in the entitygroups.xml but I think the problem im having is I install the mod when my playthrough is still at a relatively low game stage therefore the zombies don't spawn as much. But if you can show me some instructions I would like to see them 

All of these are GS dependent for regular zombies but the custom entries are not GS dependent and will appear at the same probability; albeit less frequently.

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='ZombiesNight']">

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='ZombiesAll']">

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='ZombiesBurntForest']">

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='SnowZombies']">

All of these are custom entries that are not GS dependent. If you visit these Biomes based on their description you are much more certain to see the custom zombies even at low GS.

<entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandNightHard">

<entitygroup name="ZombiesPineForest">

<entitygroup name="ZombiesPineForestNight">

<entitygroup name="ZombiesDesertNight">

In addition, the smaller your World and the higher you set your total allowed zombies, the greater the density.

You can also change the settings in the spawning.xml for those custom groups. Increasing these means you will definitely see them and quite possibly a little too much.

<configs>
	<append xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='pine_forest']">
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesPineForest" />
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesPineForestNight" />
	</append>
	<append xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='desert']">
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesDesertNight" />
	</append>
	<append xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='wasteland']">
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNightHard" />
	</append>
</configs>

Changing the maxcount to 2 will be quite noticeable.

All of these are GS dependent for regular zombies but the custom entries are not GS dependent and will appear at the same probability; albeit less frequently.

All of these are custom entries that are not GS dependent. If you visit these Biomes based on their description you are much more certain to see the custom zombies even at low GS.

In addition, the smaller your World and the higher you set your total allowed zombies, the greater the density.

You can also change the settings in the spawning.xml for those custom groups. Increasing these means you will definitely see them and quite possibly a little too much.

<configs>
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesPineForest" />
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesPineForestNight" />
	</append>
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesDesertNight" />
	</append>
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNightHard" />
	</append>
</configs>

Alright thank you

23 hours ago, arramus said:

<configs>
	</append>
	</append>
	</append>
</configs>

i actually have an idea for a new zombie to add to this mod if your interested

On 2/9/2021 at 1:45 PM, AndrewT said:

i actually have an idea for a new zombie to add to this mod if your interested

There are a few modders making custom zombies who are inspired by community ideas so feel free to share your concept and features. You just never know.

On 2/10/2021 at 12:32 AM, arramus said:

There are a few modders making custom zombies who are inspired by community ideas so feel free to share your concept and features. You just never know.

just curious but what game stage level will the custom zombies start spawning. Also if any modders read this post let me know if yall are interested in my idea for a zombie

I see.

- If your World regions are all open and the days are over 300, and entity count max setting is low, encounters will also be low.

- If you are using a custom World of 8K or more, this is also a limiting factor, again due to max count settings and density.

- If the invisible animal bug has started in your World and animals are also a rarity, it also seems to impact zombie counts too. Adding a mod to fix that, also increases Snufkin/roaming default zombies.

- If regular zombies are still a regular features, changing the Snufkin zombie probability will bring them out in force.

The PLUS version is already set very high compared to the regular version and it doesn't bode well that there are no encounters beyond BM.

I see.

- If your World regions are all open and the days are over 300, and entity count max setting is low, encounters will also be low.

- If you are using a custom World of 8K or more, this is also a limiting factor, again due to max count settings and density.

- If the invisible animal bug has started in your World and animals are also a rarity, it also seems to impact zombie counts too. Adding a mod to fix that, also increases Snufkin/roaming default zombies.

- If regular zombies are still a regular features, changing the Snufkin zombie probability will bring them out in force.

The PLUS version is already set very high compared to the regular version and it doesn't bode well that there are no encounters beyond BM.

see lots of my world is opened up and i increased the probability in pine forest i also increased the spawning to 5 during the day and 7 during the night but still nothing seems to happen. but i just thought of something has this mod been updated lately because i downloaded the mod on 7DaysToDiemods.com

6 hours ago, AndrewT said:

see lots of my world is opened up and i increased the probability in pine forest i also increased the spawning to 5 during the day and 7 during the night but still nothing seems to happen. but i just thought of something has this mod been updated lately because i downloaded the mod on 7DaysToDiemods.com

Love em or loathe em, 7DaysToDiemods.com, based on the past 6 months of periodic visits at least, update very quickly. A daily basis if not multiple occasions in a single day.

5 and 7 really are huge amounts and should have been noticeable. I've played in a server which set night at 4 and it was a constant stream which was far too much for me.

Stallionsden has an invisible animal mod fix which shouldn't be connected to Zombie Entitities but increased my roaming Zombie count as well.

As far as I've read the Worlds work like this. I may have missed a few points but this seems to be the basics.

1. You set a maximum zombie count for the World and at first they will be in a high density in those initial unlocked regions. A day 1 World often sees a lot of individual roaming zombies at regular intervals.
2. As regions unlock, they disperse further and wider. If nobody visits those unlocked regions for a while, the zombies that spawned there still remain. I've tested this by teleporting in debug mode and could see exactly the same zombies I had seen when I went across that region on a motorcycle but not interacted with. They seem to remain attached to that region. I read that this is a game feature to thin out the zombies and 'force' expansion.

3. The animals also have a maximum animal count which is supposed to be separate to the zombie count and also allows a greater number as they are supposed to use less system resource.

4. POI zombies are triggered by their own sleeper volumes independent of what's happening outside in the World.

In reality, this is what seems to happen for Snufkin's zombies.

1. The first few weeks can be very intense and this is why we added a lighter entitygroups.xml version to allow new players and new Worlds a chance.

2. As the regions unlock, the zombies disperse, and this is when the higher entitygroups.xml is more effective.

3. If any players decide to do a tour of the whole map, multiple regions unlock and zombies populate those regions and seem to remain in standby until other players venture their way. This is turn reduces the possibility of zombies spawning, beyond POIs, in busier regions that are used regularly if the maximum zombie count for the World has been reached.

4. A similar situation appears to happen with animals but to an even greater degree because there is an invisible class that slowly takes over from the visible animals. I have seen a new animal spawn in and almost instantly become invisible. It appears they are counted as animals but we cannot interact with them. It shouldn't, but after installing the animal fix mod I noticed roaming zombies reappear in areas that had been empty for quite a long time which makes me wonder if there was an interaction between invisible animals and allowed spawn distance for zombies trying to enter the game.

All in all, the bigger the World the more noticeable this will be as there are so many more regions and a greater dispersal potential.

For my own server:

- I keep to 8K or less

- Add the invisible animal fix

- Gently increase maximum zombie count as the regions unlock and switch from the lighter to heavier entitygroups.xml

You could always try teleporting in debug mod to unlocked regions to see if there are any custom zombies in standby.