CLASSIC Style HARDCORE

n2n1

Why not? I'm not the only one dumb head on this world :)

Of course, this is clear information, but not everyone can think of it, same as me.

But i read again and more carefully in journal Survive in CSH and is it ok, "nesting" on one place after start new game it´s my fault and bad habit from a vanilla.

It's a sandbox. You can really come up with something interesting for yourself. Trial and error is appropriate here. There is no point in telling the player what to do. Just, some planning under the pressure of circumstances - is necessary.

This is the aspect of the game that vanilla has lost.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

You have truth, this mod at this point is surprise for me and is out of my "comfort zone". This is not bad, this is only my habit of "modern gaming" from last of years.

Also, i was expecting some minor changes from vanilla, but this is total gameplay rework.

This game lost many, i start on A15 but over another patches it got worse and worse.

MOD version UPDATE - CSH_v19.3.01b

this patch compatible with the previous save (v19.3.01a)  (well 99%)

- it fixes the  error that occurs in Wasteland cities and causes the console to open many times

- +small changes, tweaks...

UPD:

This hotfix is ONLY needed to ensure better compatibility (hanging houses) with the worlds generated in previous versions!

If you generate the world on version v19. 03. 01 b-do not download this hotfix!

https://yadi.sk/d/sXGBauC-97TxMQ

Yes, this one, and 5-7 more houses will hang in the world generated on version v19.03.01a. These hangings are related to the new height of these prefabs in the patch v19.03.01b.

The claimed compatibility between these patches, due to my forgetfulness, turned out to be untrue...

(temporarily, before entering - put logs under the building so that it does not collapse)

PS: By the way, it turned out that the distribution of biomes, in general, was always the same in these versions - regardless of the seed.

I can change it...but i don't know whether to do it or not. Because, it's really going to be very unpredictable...

Good, if exist easy repair, is this bug acceptable, its better than start a new game, because i can finally build forge and workbench :)

Manual editing of biomes is better, i tried change dist. biomes too and very unpredictable is a weak word.

And please, add sleep to the game if is possible, this feature really missing to me.

Because of this, i would not restart the play.

Perhaps you could adjust the offsets for these houses in the generated list of prefabs - but, i don't remember their names...

Between patches, i make a lot of small changes that can`t be tracked... for this reason, i never publish detailed changelogs.

Sleep is a very difficult mechanic for this game. Many ideas - are only good in the imagination.

I have some work ideas, but my knowledge of C#is not enough. And simpler variants - do not make sense now.

Problem is with implementing skip/speed time, right? I was roughly look on SDX and for me is this thing as alien from other space, far, far away to small editing xml....

Between patches, i make a lot of small changes that can`t be tracked... for this reason, i never publish detailed changelogs.

Not needed detailed changelog, it would take a lot of time and work.

But I guess I should still report bugs, right?

4 hours ago, Fox_25 said:

Problem is with implementing skip/speed time, right? I was roughly look on SDX and for me is this thing as alien from other space, far, far away to small editing xml....

Mostly because i'm not very familiar with C#. Skipping time already available from the dm menu, so it probably won't be a problem.

Bug report really speeds up debugging a lot. It is especially needed because it covers aspects of the game that i do not touch during my gameplay. We all play differently.

By the way, i will post a separate small hotfix for hanging houses, because the current version is stable enough to play on it normally. And the next one will be incompatible.... most likely.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

UPD:

This hotfix is ONLY needed to ensure better compatibility (hanging houses) with the worlds generated in previous versions (this is not mandatory).

If you generate the world on version v19.03.01b - do not download this hotfix!

https://yadi.sk/d/sXGBauC-97TxMQ

On 1/4/2021 at 9:01 AM, n2n1 said:

Here is a right attitude to survival, in Japanese:

(review/tutorial to the mod)

Thank you for the fun mod.
This is my poor video, but I hope you enjoy it.

I have the following questions in the # 4 (uploading) video.   (Ver19.3.01a)
・ The first wave of zombies was walking in the first Blood-Moon.
・No damage from WoodSpike.
・ Nail can be obtained by downgrading WoodLog. (specification?)

(Google Translate)

Hello!

I like Your videos! If there are any questions in video itself that i did not answer - write (I am watching through an automatic translator, so i may miss some meaning).

Yes, there are waves of walkers - this is normal. It may not even depend on difficulty or progress... They may or may not be. But in the first horde - usually always.

About spikes.

Maybe You just put them on the ground - but they need to be upgraded to take their form.

(Or are you talking about big LogSpikes that are made from logs? - they work as usual)

About nails from WoodLogs:

Aaahhh.... i didn't take that into account... this will be fixed! Thanks!

8 hours ago, n2n1 said:

Hello!

I like Your videos! If there are any questions in video itself that i did not answer - write (I am watching through an automatic translator, so i may miss some meaning).

Yes, there are waves of walkers - this is normal. It may not even depend on difficulty or progress... They may or may not be. But in the first horde - usually always.

About spikes.

Maybe You just put them on the ground - but they need to be upgraded to take their form.

(Or are you talking about big LogSpikes that are made from logs? - they work as usual)

About nails from WoodLogs:

Aaahhh.... i didn't take that into account... this will be fixed! Thanks!

Thank you for the answer. I’m sorry to bother you.

・Walkers I was surprised to walk. I was afraid that it couldn't install the MOD correctly. I understood that the waves of walkers existed.

・WoodSpikes : I started the game and tried it. Completely understood. With this, I'll be able to survive the next Blood Moon, If I don't fall out of the base.

・Nails : I understand that nails are by design.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the mod brother. 7 days to die is scary again.....and lethal. When you said dont make a sound at night you were not kidding. Hiding up in a water tower..opening and closing some chest...the zeds seemed to be banging on the tower a little. They sounded a little too close so I decided to open the hatch for a peak. BAM!!!! two zeds bash my face in.....  Scared the crap out of me and i think i pee'd a little..... 

To be clear if I die...I can just start with a new seed for a map that was generated inside the mod, correct?

I am very happy that people like the primary/basic features of the mod. But, in addition, most of the work is on details and nuances that are not immediately visible.

Therefore, interesting situations are possible even with a long game. I'm just holding back so i don't spoilerize :).

Yes, You can use the same world(map) again. The main requirement is - to have it generated in the mod.

But the maps maybe also be incompatible if you change to a new version of the mod (i report this in changelogs).

I have some friends who I think would really enjoy this mod, and I gave it a quick try out myself - it really brought back an Alpha 10 feel - bravo!

They are however, real mole rats, so the fact that ores don't display in the ground would be a deal breaker for them I reckon - do you know when you're likely to have that fixed?

Also, I presume this will run as a server, right?

Edited by OzHawkeye (see edit history)

Thank! 

The ores are present underground - i haven't touched them since A16, but the showing of textures (new ores and soils) - doesn't work. Only standard ores are visible.

In my opinion - mining is now bad both in mod and in vanilla.  But, its very good in the A16 version of the mod.

I am waiting for the developers to fix this problem - i can hardly do anything about it myself.

I don't know much about network technology. But i suspect that for multiplayer - the usual way of creating a server, like vanilla.  Mod do not have a separation of the mod versions into client and server.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...