Looking for an above ground terrain block with a long distance mesh.

Mana

Thanks for the reply. 

I have a medieval keep on top of a mound but can't get the mound to spawn in until very close. Have tried all terrain blocks but it seems the specific biome terrain is the best at around 200-300m. Aesthetically seeing the keep hover until i get close enough for the terrain to spawn is not what i was expecting. Is there a limitation in the game that prevents POI terrain from spawning in until i get within a couple of 100m? The blocks i placed spawn in from a long way out. I have tried placing flagstone but cannot get the angles terrain can achieve.

20201020165833_1.jpg

I am not sure i understand what you mean.

I have created this POI and set up a world so just that POI and traders spawn in it. I have not placed it in the world after it was generated. Hope I have explained it properly.

@ManaI see what you mean. The castle spawns in before the terrain. That's weird.

I would mess around with the Video Settings to see if I could get them to match up.

Specifically, Terrain Quality may change the distance you see the Terrain. Also messing

with LOD and View Distance may help.

3 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

@ManaI see what you mean. The castle spawns in before the terrain. That's weird.

I would mess around with the Video Settings to see if I could get them to match up.

Specifically, Terrain Quality may change the distance you see the Terrain. Also messing

with LOD and View Distance may help.

Thanks for the reply.

I have all my settings on max. It may be just something i will have to live with. I was wondering also if the imposter is not working as it should. I have encountered a separate issue with the ingame editor before, so maybe the editor is not creating the imposter correctly.

You might be able to manually create the mesh the old fashion way (substitute another block) using  the console commands instead of the "update" imposter button in the in-game prefab editor.  I haven't tried it in a long time though so no sure if it still works.  Have to look up the console commands as I don't remember what they were.

9 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

You might be able to manually create the mesh the old fashion way (substitute another block) using  the console commands instead of the "update" imposter button in the in-game prefab editor.  I haven't tried it in a long time though so no sure if it still works.  Have to look up the console commands as I don't remember what they were.

Thanks will look into that.

Archived