Bed update?

Cyber Spark

OK, Beds. Extremely useless in my opinion. Takes a lot of resources, albeit cheap resources, but resources that could be used for literally ANYTHING else. Especially considering how when you place them, then place a bed roll, they are nothing more than something taking up space, because the spawn point is overall removed. I think these could work as a permanent respawn point that you place in your home so you're not spawning half way cross the map when you don't have a bedroll. With that being said, I was thinking, once you craft it and place it down, it becomes a respawn point that is removed when you place down a bedroll, like, let's say you're off somewhere raiding someplace and need a temporary respawn, but upon removing said bedroll, the bed at home regains it's spawn point.

OK, off topic, I hope this is where we give suggestions, but I'm new to this website and if I am in the wrong place, I would like to know where I'm supposed to put this.

I'll move this to Pimp Dreams for you.

I agree.  I'd like beds to work as they do now, where the last one placed is your respawn location, except that you can place a bedroll as a temporary respawn point, and if the bedroll is picked up or destroyed your respawn point moves back to your bed.  To reduce exploits, the spawn suppression feature could not apply to bedrolls.  I can't think of any gameplay downsides to this setup.

Yep, using bedrolls once you have placed a real bed is anoying. Especially if you live in multiple bases.

But imho the spawnpoint shouldn't switch back to the bed automatically. That can be used as fast-travel (i you take a death).

I see three ways to solve it, all of them should not be to difficult to implement

1) Make (player placed) beds behave exactly like bedrolls. You can pick them up and place them again to make it the current spawn point (or maybe at least if a claim block is near)

2) Add a context menu to beds with an option to activate it as the current spawnpoint (maybe even all beds (but not beds claimed from other players) would be a nice option for overtaking POIs)

3) you can place a bedroll "over" a bed, to make it the current spawnpoint. Maybe even showing the bedroll on the mattress, if a bed is an active spawn point.

In general imho it would be a nice mechanik if you could have multiple spawn points, but on death only are able to respawn only at the nearest and also in a limited range to your spawnpoint, e.g. 500m. If you are further away you don't have a spawnpoint anymore and respawn random. That would also make exploring the map a little bit more difficult, as you have to care for spawn points regularily (or take the risk of random respawn). For this both bedrolls and beds could be combined, making beds even more important. Leave bedroll as it is now, only one at a time active (the old one should be destroyed, not just becoming inactive), but only beds remain as permanent spawn points.

Not a fan of respawn, fast travel, teleport or blocking zombie spawns. IMHO though, it would be nice if beds gave you a very slight regen, made negative status effects tick faster, gradually reduced xp debt over time, gave a "Rested" stamina regen/xp/speed buff after using one for a short time, and/or doubled the effects of healing perks or medical items applied while using a bed. Only downside would be players sticking a bed in their horde base to stand on for blood moons...

On 10/17/2020 at 9:44 AM, Cyber Spark said:

OK, Beds. Extremely useless in my opinion. Takes a lot of resources, albeit cheap resources, but resources that could be used for literally ANYTHING else. Especially considering how when you place them, then place a bed roll, they are nothing more than something taking up space, because the spawn point is overall removed. I think these could work as a permanent respawn point that you place in your home so you're not spawning half way cross the map when you don't have a bedroll. With that being said, I was thinking, once you craft it and place it down, it becomes a respawn point that is removed when you place down a bedroll, like, let's say you're off somewhere raiding someplace and need a temporary respawn, but upon removing said bedroll, the bed at home regains it's spawn point.

OK, off topic, I hope this is where we give suggestions, but I'm new to this website and if I am in the wrong place, I would like to know where I'm supposed to put this.

Great idea!

Archived