Electric Fences Bug Out in Horde Night

Guppys Fur

oh man i feel ya. its really annoying if one cant really get behind some mysterious bug.

Difficulty is random within a certain scale according to your gamestage. for example sometimes you get demolishers, sometimes you dont.

Had to pass on yesterdays BM but today i want to record it and hope to show that Fracking bug in action.

I'll just repeat what I said in a different thread:

----------------

One thing to keep in mind is that the server refreshes its state at a rate of 20FPS, it is sort of the internal clock. If your horde night or other events make the game slower than these 20FPS on the server, strange things can happen. Items can enter strange states they never leave again.

It is often hard to judge if some random failure is from such an underrun or really is a hidden bug.

-----------------

One thing to check is your server logfile. Does it often go below 20FPS?

11 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I'll just repeat what I said in a different thread:

----------------

One thing to keep in mind is that the server refreshes its state at a rate of 20FPS, it is sort of the internal clock. If your horde night or other events make the game slower than these 20FPS on the server, strange things can happen. Items can enter strange states they never leave again.

It is often hard to judge if some random failure is from such an underrun or really is a hidden bug.

-----------------

One thing to check is your server logfile. Does it often go below 20FPS?

Ok thats a valuable clue of what might happens, because we have a larger as normal zombie amount (20 pP)

Next Bloodmoon i will watch the Server Logs and make an update.

Thank you Meganoth.

Finally.

Cought that Bug on Tape.

Attached 2 Videos and the Logs.

TLDR: Around 2pm the Fence bugged out. Fence did lost HP, but some time after that bug, they worked again even without repairing.

Video 1log 1010 BM.txt

At 13:10 the Bug occures.

Video 2

A Quick video of the Aftermath. Important only is the fact that the Fence indeed lost HP, but worked again without being repaired.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the issue, but you got a lot of errors in your log:

[S]System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Access denied
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags socketFlags, System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP) [0x00082] in <ae22a4e8f83c41d69684ae7f557133d9>:0 
  at LiteNetLib.NetSocket.SendTo (System.Byte[] data, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size, System.Net.IPEndPoint remoteEndPoint, System.Net.Sockets.SocketError& errorCode) [0x00020] in <dd1339d3a3ba4f9aa04192197fba2e04>:0 

Since it is "access denied" and vanilla usually has no problems with any antivirus-software on linux and it is a network socket it has problems with I really don't have a clue where this could come from.

That's interesting but I don't believe my FPS is dipping. Will try to pay more attention to it next horde but I think I'd noticed the stuttering if it was going below 20 (and I think the counter would go from green to red, which would get my attention).

FPS never goes below 70s. Still the 2nd fence continues to vanish, after little to no use. The first again held out through the night.

Archived