7 Days to Die Additction

bobrpggamer

Is it really healthy to be so addicted to a game. I know this is the measure of a great game and the hours in it total 1200 probably more but a close estimate, but I need to do laundry and take a shower and do other things, but I start the game and I get lost in it.

Also I have been wanting to say this, remember Unreal Tournament 2004, the announcer saying "ROAD KILL", why not have a perk that will do more damage to pedestrians and animals. after 4 levels, have an instant kill, there I said it.

To save a post, can anyone also tell me what gamestage the demolisher will show up on hoard night? I started a post a long time ago about it but I forgot.

35 minutes ago, bobrpggamer said:

Is it really healthy to be so addicted to a game. I know this is the measure of a great game and the hours in it total 1200 probably more but a close estimate, but I need to do laundry and take a shower and do other things, but I start the game and I get lost in it.

Also I have been wanting to say this, remember Unreal Tournament 2004, the announcer saying "ROAD KILL", why not have a perk that will do more damage to pedestrians and animals. after 4 levels, have an instant kill, there I said it.

To save a post, can anyone also tell me what gamestage the demolisher will show up on hoard night? I started a post a long time ago about it but I forgot.

~153

45 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Welcome to 7 Days to Die addicts anonymous.

F1dHpcW.png

Too much to do...

1) Play game 20 different ways

2) Mod game 40 different ways

3) Create 80 different POIs

4) New Alpha Drops

5) Repeat steps 1 through 3...😂

P.S. Steps 1 through 3 are interchangable...😂

2 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Too much to do...

1) Play game 20 different ways

2) Mod game 40 different ways

3) Create 80 different POIs

4) New Alpha Drops

5) Repeat steps 1 through 3...😂

P.S. Steps 1 through 3 are interchangable...😂

I've never created a POI. Can you teach me how to do that? :eek:

18 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Heres a good starting place. 😀

21 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Guppys Modding Discord is also a good place to hang out if you wanna learn more about modding the game and are a self starter.  Lmk if your interested and I can see about getting you access.

20 minutes ago, H01101001 said:

I am really hooked on this game.  It is everything I wanted Ark and other survival games to be but so so so so so much better.

Its one of the first survival crafting games. There is boatloads of them now capitalizing on the idea. Kind of like Dungeon Master and the tons of clones they made on the idea.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:11 PM, bobrpggamer said:

I can tell you that i have the same concerns as you. I bought this game last January and i now passed the 1000 hours mark. I just play every freaking day. I think about it when i go to bed and when i wake up, literaly. I think about it at work, what im going to do on my base, upgrade the horde fort, what i need to loot. Trying a new single-biome map, trying a new character build. It just doesnt @#&!? stop lol.

I recently had 3 weeks of vacation in July. I live in Montréal, Canada and our summers last 2 months and a half. 3 is phenomenal. But i spent 3/4 of my vacations inside, with bright, warm sunny days, playing the damn game... Just to help my pathetic case, i bought myself a brand new PC (self birthday gift but i was overdue anyways). Among all this, i remembered to do those things called "eating" and "showering". My sleep cycle is of course screwed up and what's a "social life", btw?

People will tell me that the pandemic contributed to this and while i agree, i know it would have been the same damn situation without it.

I recently started thinking i had a problem and tested myself with some complete days off from 7DTD. And i've been able to go through them. I still need my dose sooner or later, but i found out it isnt so bad as i thought. Its similar to when i had my Bloodborne phase and i recovered lol.

Like you said, its the mark of a great game and a winning formula for the developers. To remain politically correct, the Pimps would tell us to take breaks and not burn ourselves out, but i know they're secretly diabolically laughing at us, bathing in our money (that i gladly gave), while we're dancing like puppets and ask for more 😆

Archived