Making topsoil, gavel, etc slope more natural.

Stalwart385

I've been trying to build up roads and earthwork and I'm curious if there is a method to make it look more natural.

For example the premade roads gradually slope up in elevation over several blocks. If I place a road of asphalt, an increase in elevation makes an abrupt 45deg increase. The rest is completely flat. There are occasional times that the placed block will have a bump up or down but I haven't found a way to control it.

Has anyone had any luck with this. Maybe placing lower gradient blocks (rebar for example) underneath somehow can make it work. I didn't have much luck trying this but I may be missing a trick.

I'm in A19 btw.

I know how to keep things smooth, but not so much the way the game naturally does it.   There is a setting in Nitrogen for smoothness, but I've never been able to figure out how that smoothness over elevation is done.  Simply laying dirt blocks doesn't really seem to do the trick for me.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have noticed this with topsoil. Some reason always felt weird leaving damage ground around but if that's the only way I'll play around with it. Just off the top of my head I don't think this works with asphalt and maybe gravel? Could be wrong I'll test it out this evening.

It should work with any terrain type block.  You'll just have to do the math on how much damage it takes to get the desired slop and find an applicable tool.  Even fists might work for weaker blocks.  A lot will depend on what skills you've perked into.

33 minutes ago, Ezed said:

It should work with any terrain type block.  You'll just have to do the math on how much damage it takes to get the desired slop and find an applicable tool.  Even fists might work for weaker blocks.  A lot will depend on what skills you've perked into.

Cool. Still fairly new to the game. So no surprise I was remembering incorrectly. Appreciate the help.

2 hours ago, Stalwart385 said:

Cool. Still fairly new to the game. So no surprise I was remembering incorrectly. Appreciate the help.

No problem.  Hope you have fun.  It's a great game overall.  Let me be the first to give you a like :)

Archived