Glowing multi-colored cube with question marks

Dr_Tiger6

I had just loaded back up my game only to find a bright color changing cube buried under the ground next to me. It definitely was not there when i had last played on this world, and can be seen through any surface and at any distance. Upon closer inspection of the cube, i noticed that it is not an interactive block and cannot be hit/ i can walk straight through it. i have done a little bit of searching and so far cannot find any other instances of this happening to anyone else. Can anyone give me some insight as to what this is?

(also after a game restart, the cube moves close to where i left off)

20200812091457_1.jpg

20200812091458_1.jpg

20200812091510_1.jpg

20200812091454_1.jpg

everybody, please try a brand new map seed... you most likely playing an older save and a block might have been renamed/deleted or is on a server that has that issue. the block is an identifier to a missing block. (designed to do this)

if you see this in new map and not modded... then please let us know (by posting proper bug report in link given at top of page), which poi you found this in and if outside drop console and type DBS that will show us seed and location...

also, this has been reported several times already and each time a brand new map seed fixed it.. sorry but the old saying is still true... we are in alpha and things change.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

27 minutes ago, caatalyst said:

ah @%$*#!s It's my base build designing seed. I'll just have to put up with it for now.😂

I feel you... I am running a perma-series and this is the 2nd time in one month that I have to restart based on the update "breaking" something in the game. It gets tiresome after a while. 

In my game, there's a floating PLANT/WEED inside of the bombshelter bldg, which didn't cause a problem during B177 -- so I'm wondering what changed in B178 to cause the glowing cube issue because the floating plant/weed is still there!  No parts are missing that one can see with the naked eye, but again, there shouldn't be floating vegetation inside of a POI either.  ROFL

4 hours ago, doomdiva said:

I feel you... I am running a perma-series and this is the 2nd time in one month that I have to restart based on the update "breaking" something in the game. It gets tiresome after a while. 

You only bring this upon yourself by attempting a long-term playtrough on an unstable experimental version that we told you would require frequent wipes.

Archived