Toggle to run.

smokingpaper

Hi, can there be a feature introduced that allows us to use "Toggle to run" like we can already use  "toggle to crouch"? 
I can't speak for everyone but having to hold down the Shift button puts a strain on the pinky finger after a while.
Maybe some younger people don't have this issue, but I do and other of my friends too.
I don't see any downside about adding this function, So could this please be introduced?

Just now, myrkana said:

Maybe rebind it to a mouse button or something?

Do you know how annoying that is?
I've been playing games for over 25 years and 9/10 it was Shift to run, do you really expect me to unlearn that?
Just wish could tap the shift button instead of having to hold it, it shouldn't be that hard for TFP to implement.

Just now, smokingpaper said:

Do you know how annoying that is?
I've been playing games for over 25 years and 9/10 it was Shift to run, do you really expect me to unlearn that?
Just wish could tap the shift button instead of having to hold it, it shouldn't be that hard for TFP to implement.

I mean, just because something has been the same for 25 years doesnt mean you cant change it :p Be flexible. Maybe they'll add it in later but for now you can learn a new control scheme.  I have a cheap mouse with 5 buttons, I've used them for things like running before because I have tiny hands. 

Toggle run is something I've been asking for for years too. Same reason - my pinkie finger cramps up.

They could keep left shift as a hold to run and make right shift a toggle. I think that is how Ark does it if I recall correctly.

7 hours ago, hotpoon said:

Toggle run is something I've been asking for for years too. Same reason - my pinkie finger cramps up.

They could keep left shift as a hold to run and make right shift a toggle. I think that is how Ark does it if I recall correctly.

You can make the toggle to crouch either to the C button or Left CTRL button currently. Just hoping for a similar thing for the toggle to run. 

Archived