LCB questions

ArtMyst

Hello everyone, I'm an old player coming back from some years without playing and I was doing some research and found something about INFINITE land claim protection. I got a little confused about it:

-Does that mean everything I place inside that area won't take any damage? Even on horde night?
-If I setup a server, everyone that put a LCB will have the same protection? Against zombies AND players? if so, that's interesting, brings up a whole new style of gameplay 🤔
-Does the protection move upwards and down in the ground? Let's say there is a tower and a bunker underneath. Will both be protected?
-A LCB inside a POI will turn the building indestructible? 

Thank you for your time, and sorry for asking some questions that might be obvious nowadays, I haven't played this for years...

No such thing as a bad question.  

Land Claim Blocks only prevent respawns and allow you to pick up workbench, forges, etc. that YOU place down.

They provide ZERO damage prevention in any way shape or form.

Hope that helps a bit and welcome back.

Edit:  Forgot to say the size of the protection area can be adjusted in the game setting sliders.  You can see the visual area that is "protected" by pressing "E" on the LCB and it extends from bedrock to heaven IIRC.

FOR THE LAST TIME, LCB IS GONE AND IT IS NOT COMING BACK. Good gods how many times do we...<touches earpiece>...what's that? Really? Oh...

image.jpeg.316535ca1d98bc0189f3140f58a64ca5.jpeg

(Note to ArtMyst - that was an inside joke for forum regulars and particularly old people. Just ignore it)

In addition to what Sydious said, LCB blocks do confer damage protection against other players. The amount of protection and how long it lasts is configurable for server administrators (in serveradmin.xml).

I should also add that I have had mixed results with the "LCB prevents respawns" idea. I allow 3 LCBs in my game and at least one POI covered by an active LCB regularly gets respawns inside of it. Bedroll will prevent respawns, however and I've never had any weird behavior from them.

One day I need to do a rigorous test of LCBs and respawns.

1 hour ago, Boidster said:

FOR THE LAST TIME, LCB IS GONE AND IT IS NOT COMING BACK. Good gods how many times do we...<touches earpiece>...what's that? Really? Oh...

image.jpeg.316535ca1d98bc0189f3140f58a64ca5.jpeg

(Note to ArtMyst - that was an inside joke for forum regulars and particularly old people. Just ignore it)

In addition to what Sydious said, LCB blocks do confer damage protection against other players. The amount of protection and how long it lasts is configurable for server administrators (in serveradmin.xml).

I should also add that I have had mixed results with the "LCB prevents respawns" idea. I allow 3 LCBs in my game and at least one POI covered by an active LCB regularly gets respawns inside of it. Bedroll will prevent respawns, however and I've never had any weird behavior from them.

One day I need to do a rigorous test of LCBs and respawns.

Thanks for your answer, I've just tested it on SP (Alpha19 b173), using INFINITE settings for both Online and Offline claim health but the zombies could still damage my blocks inside the claim area... Weird, it must be a pvp setting only, no use in SP then

That is correct. Damage protection is only for other players. In SP as well as MP, the LCB will let you pick up your workstations (workbench, chem station, forge, cement mixer, I think even electrical parts require it i.e. picking up a generator).

@ArtMyst, one thing to keep in mind; default only allows 1 LCB per player. If Player 1 places a LCB, goes somewhere else and places another LCB, they will be allowed to place the new LCB, and the older LCB will 'break' and become ineffective.

Worth mentioning as the way it works (at least last time I checked). it was pretty easy to think you were able to place multiple LCBs that all worked.

And for the Server Admin, guessing they should know this mechanic as that 7,000hp block for 6 Stone can be easily leveraged into a very cheap cheese/exploit.

(using LCBs instead of Vault Hatches in a 1-wide kill corridor, blocking doorways, etc)

While I _think_ this is current info, I haven't looked so this may be incorrect.

8 hours ago, Jugginator said:

The official way LCB's and bedrolls are supposed to work is:

LCB's don't protect from biome spawns, bedrolls do.

LCB's AND bedrolls protect vs sleeper spawns.

NOTHING protects screamer or horde spawns.

Yeah, supposed to. In our case we are getting sleeper spawns within an LCB volume. Every few days the Doggos where we have our crafting base is re-populated with dogs and their handlers. In spite of the fact that we have gutted the interior and covered all the floor blocks with wood plates (under the mistaken impression that sleepers wouldn't spawn on player-placed blocks).

Archived