Someone explain me this line from the changelog

Hollowprime

I didn't see anything obvious in the XML for that. The zombieTemplate entity (covers most normal zombies) still has loot_prob=0.02 (a few have 0.03, Demo has 0.3) and the BM horde spawner in gamestages.xml doesn't show anything about loot prob progression. I also checked serverconfig.xml to see if there was a new global setting to influence loot probability and didn't find anything.

My guess is it's hard-coded in the game, not controlled via XML. But I'm at best an advanced amateur, not an expert.

I assume this is a sort of "pitty-roll" for RNG to increase drops. By the way it says, the most kills you get the higher chance for a loot bag to drop. This would be to give a better chance at a drop without making it a constant increase. Say there's a 2% chance to drop, after "x" number of kills, let's throw a random number and change "x" to 10, then for every 10 kills let's say it add's +2% more of a chance. I'm sure this gets reset after a certain point, or it's the "x'th" kill that has an increased chance and subsequent kills have the same chance but it builds back up the "x" amount of kills. But what Boidster said, prob a hard coded thing and I'm just taking an educated guess at it. I haven't investigated it at all.

I only just now made the connection between the "knuckle rub" reaction and Roland's avatar. In my yout, we called that a "noogie". I thought perhaps "knuckle rub" was like rubbing your fists preparing for a fight. A reaction for "them's fightin' words".

Then I right-clicked, "view image" on the icon and it's a noogie. Just like in Roland's avatar. I try to learn one new thing every day so I'm glad I got it taken care of so early. I can wallow in ignorance for the rest of the day!

Archived