Turrets Glitched?

Jadow

Writing this as community question and not a bug report for a couple of reasons.  One, the bug report requirements are insane unless it is a game breaking bug and that I am playing the same game since 163 (i think).  Too much work to restart every experimental build to try and test things without cheating.

Leading up to my 2nd horde night which I have set 10 day cycles, I installed 3 smg turrets that I crafted.  Hooked them to a powered generator that had live wire connections to all 3 turrets.  Once the items were placed and powered (with ammo locked)  I started getting a couple of graphical glitches and couldn't set the angle of the camera in the turret as if the turrets were not powered.  Just as horde night was starting, everything looked fine and all the turrets appeared to be working, but once the zombies starting arriving, only one of the turrets fired and the others covering 2 other sides seemed to power down and not fire.

Was there a change that I missed that there is a limit to 1 turret per generator or does this happen to others.

Are you sure your generator is putting out enough power for everything you have wired up? If you turned on anything else as the horde started that could definitely cause stuff to behave weirdly. I haven't overloaded a generator in a big way in a few alphas but I remember having way to many blade traps at some point and they were constantly switching which was powered up and which weren't.

generator...but what level batteries (or how many engines) are you using? is a it a battery bank? gas generator? is the Watts out equal or more than the watts needed? these may seem like nonsense questions as you can just respond with "it should have worked ok" but you gave us only that some worked and some didn't not anything else...

My opinion, you may have been a few watts too low to run more than 2, so 1 always ran, and the other 2 switched off working so rapidly they never fired.

My suggestion would be to create a sandbox world in the current version, use the creative menu to quickly build something similar, and spawn in a horde. If it works normally, you probably can chalk up your issues to the version mismatch.

Archived