Mouse sensitivity

powerful_hobo

Hello! I am Hobo and I am enjoying this game.

I have tried to get this thing right, but I have not been able to. A few google searches, a little adjustment but, I can't get the mouse sensitivity to be just right.

I have 1k hours in counter-strike and would like what I have learned in counter-strike to transfer to 7d2d. When I play the two games there is a huge difference in how the cross-hair moves. I would like my mouse sensitivity to be the same when I play both games.

I have tried checking the box "use native input" in the game launcher. It did not work. When I play counter-strike again it is completely different.

What I have not tried is making the mouse sensitivity 0. I will try this after posting.

The reason for this post is that I am wondering if someone knows the solution to my problem. If someone knows how to make my mouse sensitivity the same in both games I would like to know how to do that.

P.S. I tried to not write too much. I can elaborate if requested to. I have little experience posting in forums, and I tried to get to the point fast.

Some other user reported that the cross hair makes little jumps if in zoo mode, in other words doesn't have unlimited resolution. If that is your issue, a developer already knows about it and if possible should fix it (there is always the problem that they are using a black box graphics system that might have its own bugs).

If this is not the issue, you don't really say what exactly is different.

Well I know for a fact that the sensitivity with the in-game sens at 1.0 is not my DPI on my mouse lol it seems double or so (0.5 is exponentially slower, I just can't find a right one). Been a gripe forever for me but I guess I get used to it after a long while. Logitech g502 here and I never use variable DPI or acceleration or anything else.

Thanks for replies.

The mouse I am using is g400s. my dpi is 1000.

To Meganoth. What I am trying to say is that the cross-hair moves at different speeds in the two games. I know that I can adjust the speed/sensitivity. but it has more to do with muscle memory than something I have conscious control over. And that is the issue. The mouse movement in 7 days is confusing my muscle memory.

4 minutes ago, powerful_hobo said:

The mouse I am using is g400s. my dpi is 1000.

Your mouse can do up to 4000 dpi, which would slow down your cursor a lot. There should be a key on your mouse that will

toggle through 4 default dpi settings. Or you can set a custom dpi with the logitech software.

7 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

Your mouse can do up to 4000 dpi, which would slow down your cursor a lot. There should be a key on your mouse that will

toggle through 4 default dpi settings. Or you can set a custom dpi with the logitech software.

I have disabled all the other dpi levels.

I have also checked the box for use native input module

dpidpidpidpi.png

On 7/26/2020 at 2:42 AM, powerful_hobo said:

If someone knows how to make my mouse sensitivity the same in both games I would like to know how to do that.

Use 2 settings in your mouse software. Use the 1000 setting for Counter Strike and the second one for 7 Days to Die.

Adjust the dpi in your second setting to a dpi rate that you like. Toggle between the 2 with the button on your mouse.

48 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

Use 2 settings in your mouse software. Use the 1000 setting for Counter Strike and the second one for 7 Days to Die.

Adjust the dpi in your second setting to a dpi rate that you like. Toggle between the 2 with the button on your mouse.

but they are supposed to the same. I want the mouse movement to be the same in 7 days as it is in counter strike.

15 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Yeah I believe 1.0 sensitivity should be the current sensitivity of the mouse with no modifiers, it definitely adds to it in 7 Days lol, even on the same resolution. I'll do some messing around with it at some point to see the actual math behind it.

Cool. If you would be able to figure that out it would be great. Also, I agree with you. 1.0 should be current sensitivity with no change.
There could also have been a "raw input" option.

12 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

I understand. What is it about my current advice that isn't working?

From what I understand you are suggesting that I create two different dpi settings on the logitech software. But I don't understand why when the whole point of this is that I am trying to have the same dpi settings across both games.

On 7/26/2020 at 2:42 AM, powerful_hobo said:

When I play the two games there is a huge difference in how the cross-hair moves. I would like my mouse sensitivity to be the same when I play both games.

I thought you wanted the mouse/crosshair to move the same in both games. My solution addressed that. If you require them to have the same dpi setting as well, then I don't know the solution.

On 7/28/2020 at 8:42 PM, Beelzybub said:

I thought you wanted the mouse/crosshair to move the same in both games. My solution addressed that. If you require them to have the same dpi setting as well, then I don't know the solution.

Hello. Sorry it took a while to reply.

I don't think I understand what you mean. Are you suggesting that I change the dpi settings in the software so that when I play 7 days to die it will match the speed that I usually have?

Having the same dpi settings is the same as having the same movement. I don't know what dpi stands for, but it is the same as mouse sensitivity or mouse movement speed.

10 hours ago, powerful_hobo said:

do you have a suggestion for how I can make the two settings become the same?

I thought that's what I'd already done.

10 hours ago, powerful_hobo said:

Precision is quite important

I just fiddle with the settings till I like them. The mouse software allows for single digit dpi adjustments. That's as precise as you can get.

Archived