T5 Quests

Skippy5

I did several searches and couldn't find anything, so sorry if this is posted. I am on day 40 - my base is solid for the next several horde nights at least and I wanted to solidify my gear. So I headed off to quest and loot... Since, I have done several T5 clear and fetch/clear quests and seem to get some pretty bad reward options. I thought these gave T6 loot. I had a couple levels in daring adventurer and had for quest choices and the best was a T4 Rifle (recipe, first aid kits, and something else were the other options).  I then respeced - thought maybe bug with the skill but still nothing great for choices. I was happy when I finally got a T5 rocket launcher, but that being the best after several clears is frustrating. I may also be doing these wrong, but they typically take me a fully day or longer to clear / fetch.  Did this change? 

Just now, Skippy5 said:

I did several searches and couldn't find anything, so sorry if this is posted. I am on day 40 - my base is solid for the next several horde nights at least and I wanted to solidify my gear. So I headed off to quest and loot... Since, I have done several T5 clear and fetch/clear quests and seem to get some pretty bad reward options. I thought these gave T6 loot. I had a couple levels in daring adventurer and had for quest choices and the best was a T4 Rifle (recipe, first aid kits, and something else were the other options).  I then respeced - thought maybe bug with the skill but still nothing great for choices. I was happy when I finally got a T5 rocket launcher, but that being the best after several clears is frustrating. I may also be doing these wrong, but they typically take me a fully day or longer to clear / fetch.  Did this change? 

Same,i have maxed daring adventurer,still got lvl 4 items,I hope i find any mod to lock quest on the tier 4,tier 5 are boring tbh.

Thanks - I honestly don't mind T5 quests - my concern is more around the reward at the end. 1-1.5 hours for the rewards I have seen don't seem worth it... Now a chance of a T6 that I can actually use or need makes it okay for when I have spare time. T6 items being offered doesn't even guarantee it is one you want/need for you build. Wondering if I had a streak of bad luck or if they change it that much. 

33 minutes ago, sonicdeathmnkey said:

That's all insane.  I have one point on daring adventurer,  did a tier 4 clear/fetch on day 22 and my reward options were t6 steel boots amd a t6 marksman rifle.  I went with the boots.

So Jealous - Just finished Fetch and Clear T5 Shaway food factory - reward options Level 4 M60 and Level 5 Steel Chest. 

I have noticed this as well. The kicker is for the tier 5 quests i do not open any safes or chests, and once clear i loot with the eye candy+looting goggles + jail breakers and run through and pick all the locks. 

Looting: pink augers, pink guns, weapon mods, pink armor, all sorts of good stuff. High end pink bling to make it all worth it. 

Reward: green or blue "garbage". 

I honestly would rather have 10 pieces of the candy instead of a green weapon, especially those magic health bars that halve broken leg time. It seems that if you are not going heavy into the loot bonus gear and candy, then the pois will be a waste of time and effort. Now, i also got a pink auger for the clear tier 5 quest reward you get when you do enough tier 5 quests. 

I am gamestage 186 and have 4 points in Daring Adventurer. The rewards the trader offered me for my last clear quest in a Shotgun Messiah Factory where:

Q5 Stun Baton

2 Painkillers

40 Exploding Arrows

Q3 Auger

Advanced Muffeled Connectors

I found some Q6 items but all T1 or T2 items. All T3 items were Q5 at best. Not really worth it.

1 hour ago, RipClaw said:

I am gamestage 186 and have 4 points in Daring Adventurer. The rewards the trader offered me for my last clear quest in a Shotgun Messiah Factory where:

Q5 Stun Baton

2 Painkillers

40 Exploding Arrows

Q3 Auger

Advanced Muffeled Connectors

I found some Q6 items but all T1 or T2 items. All T3 items were Q5 at best. Not really worth it.

The tier 2 buried supply rewards are better. i honestly would rather be paid in full stacks of candy at that point then those items offered. There is a reason why i stop doing tier 5s after i do each poi once. But what super sucks is that they spam up all the quests offered once you hit that stage. 

10 hours ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

The tier 2 buried supply rewards are better. i honestly would rather be paid in full stacks of candy at that point then those items offered. There is a reason why i stop doing tier 5s after i do each poi once. But what super sucks is that they spam up all the quests offered once you hit that stage. 

I agree T5 should offer something unique for the amount of time invested - candy would be nice, skill points would be amazing, T6 tools/weapons great, even unique 24 hour buffs would be neat. Just doing T3 and T4 and getting the same rewards is sad - hopefully it is changed in an upcoming patch or A20. 

Archived