New Zombie Idea: YOU

OtterlyFabulous

I love this game. I've loved this game since I found it, after KS which I still regret, but nonetheless, love love love. I am a big MMO player, but there are days just, OOOF I can not deal with you people today, I need to go bash zombies in the skull with a tree branch.

So one of those really random LOL creepy ideas popped into my head, since our Pimps keep adding awesome new zombies: let's see ourselves.

People die. I saw this great bunker Day 2 and great lootables and hopped on down and... twenty zombies swarmed me from the shadows. Oops? Yeah hello there, bed. ANYwho... wouldn't it be FANTASTIC if... for each death we register in the game... in the zombie spawn math in the world, one of US spawns in zombie form? Say you died twice, so somewhere in the zombie hoard or basement of the next house you clear, you find what became of your dead self, far worse for wear.

A thought. Because clearly, I need therapy.

This would be a cool idea. Or instead of just going after your backpack, you would have to kill your "zombified" self, thus dropping your loot bag to retrieve your stuff. You can see the backpack icon moving on the map as your zombie self roams for its next meal.

Maybe have it a high chance your character turns into a feral or radiated.

6 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

This would be a cool idea. Or instead of just going after your backpack, you would have to kill your "zombified" self, thus dropping your loot bag to retrieve your stuff. You can see the backpack icon moving on the map as your zombie self roams for its next meal.

Maybe have it a high chance your character turns into a feral or radiated.

maybe the model could look "generic" like you're down to the muscle!

like this (not the armor though)

Spoiler

Marked men | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

On 7/19/2020 at 3:46 PM, OtterlyFabulous said:

I love this game. I've loved this game since I found it, after KS which I still regret, but nonetheless, love love love. I am a big MMO player, but there are days just, OOOF I can not deal with you people today, I need to go bash zombies in the skull with a tree branch.

So one of those really random LOL creepy ideas popped into my head, since our Pimps keep adding awesome new zombies: let's see ourselves.

People die. I saw this great bunker Day 2 and great lootables and hopped on down and... twenty zombies swarmed me from the shadows. Oops? Yeah hello there, bed. ANYwho... wouldn't it be FANTASTIC if... for each death we register in the game... in the zombie spawn math in the world, one of US spawns in zombie form? Say you died twice, so somewhere in the zombie hoard or basement of the next house you clear, you find what became of your dead self, far worse for wear.

A thought. Because clearly, I need therapy.

Quite a few games have been doing similar things lately to try to unify all players... not with the player specifically, but with whatever kills the player.
For instance, in Doom, the demon responsible for killing you can appear in someone else's game randomly, but a little stronger than typical demons.
Generation Zero is another.
Following the same trend, it would also be cool to see some zombie player who just recently died somewhere out there among the player base.
As far as seeing yourself goes, that would definitely be fun, but for some reason I would want some justification. I play dead is dead... so, I really don't have to think about it. But, in typical play, the player dies and comes back to life somehow without explanation. It's not too hard to just let it go and forget this ever happened, but once I start seeing myself, I'm gonna start raising some questions.

Archived