Texture Streaming Option

Chris5112009

16 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

I'm not sure why this would cause issues for you. It benefits low-end systems, and would not have any effect on a system that has the hardware specs to not require it.

Console command gfx st budget 0 disables streaming and >0 enables

Thank you! Basically the reason i want this off is because my system can handle the game properly but, i do have issues with how the game loads textures, so it causes an issue where a lot of the textures are blurry and POI's dont render properly so im stuck with the walls/objects you'd see from a distance being in my face and making looting almost unbearable.

I know Texture Streaming causes that as i've disabled it since it was implemented and these issues stop happening.

31 minutes ago, Chris5112009 said:

I know Texture Streaming causes that as i've disabled it since it was implemented and these issues stop happening.

Jep, that could have been seen in many videos from the streamer weekend already. That is new in A19. I always had streaming active and never had a problem, but with A19 sometimes the high quality textures are not loaded correctly and you only get blurry ones.

But i don't understand why you are looking for console commands or xml editing. That's an option in the video settings. Just go there and turn it off.

48 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Jep, that could have been seen in many videos from the streamer weekend already. That is new in A19. I always had streaming active and never had a problem, but with A19 sometimes the high quality textures are not loaded correctly and you only get blurry ones.

But i don't understand why you are looking for console commands or xml editing. That's an option in the video settings. Just go there and turn it off.

The option was removed with b163.

I tried the command "gfx st budget 0" and then see a line that states it's "Executing the command...", but nothing ever comes up to say the command was carried out or finished.  Should I see something to confirm the change?  I also tried "gfx st budget 1" afterwards to see if changing it back would give a confirmation, but it say the same executing thing as above.

Archived