So we have writable storage now, but

Tahaan

Yay!

Build 163 adds Writeable storage.  I tested it and looks good... except that it can't be painted.  It has a different texture than the normal storage box by defaut - looks like white-washed wood.

I don't know why TFP decided it can't be plain wood like the other storage, but still, this is my single biggest wish list item granted.

You craft the "Wooden Storage/Furniture". Then put it on your belt to place it. Hold "R" to get the shapes menu. Select the "Writeable Storage Box" (it is the second one).

After placing it, aim at it and hold E, then select the Pen to edit the label.

24 minutes ago, GunMuse said:

well that would suck for dedicated servers if a new world has to be redone to get a patch update

well this is experimental. If you expect to not have to restart during it you're wrong xD During experimental you should be making a new world every single update, if you don't your bug reports are not usable because they might be results of using an  old world.

3 hours ago, GunMuse said:

yeah the blocks worked fine for me all i had to do was an update.  rebuilding the map for a block addition seems drastic was all.  restarting the server isn't what i was thinking he was saying.  

the issue is the update did more than add a block. Thats why they say that for experimental (and even some stable updates of the same alpha) you should restart because bugs like thsi show up :p

Archived