A couple observations on A19

Skippy5

First, I love the update – this is getting me back into the game once again. However, I have made a few observations:

-          Cooking – The new cooking recipes are great… Thank you!

-          Item balance – I like the balance of loot drops now – it feels better. I also like the random stats of the items it gives you are reason to keep looking, but might need tweaked a bit… I found a level 4 primitive bow early in the game with high damage. When modified this had one-point higher damage than the best level 6 fully modified compound bow I could find 30 days/levels later. I finally scrapped it, but this didn’t seem right… There are several other examples I found too with tools, but this was the biggest.

-          Parts – some of these can be rare and hard to find... That makes sense, but it is very frustrating knowing I can’t craft an auger or steel club because I invested too many points into a skill and the level of tool requires more than I could find. I have often had to use other tools because I invested too many points in a skill and don’t have the parts when I would be perfectly happy taking the hit and crafting a level 3 vs a level 5. Is there a way to craft a lower level? 

I got a level 4 bow in storage. I'll have to take a look at it...

You're right about the parts. I never seem to have enough springs but it's not hard to get springs. it's a little more difficult when you need something like bow parts and you have to wait until you find a bow that you can scrap. That can take quite a long time but this seems to be a problem in the beginning after you can make your first yellow or green item I've taken quite a long time before you get to blue because I have lots of other skills I want to advance.

I have plenty of pistol parts and boat parts for the the blue weapons but at first I never had enough and always had to scrap my existing weapon to make the next weapon. if your luck is bad and you don't loot very many of whatever it is you're looking for that can be very frustrating.

I disaree on the new loot system, I like the tier 0, to 1, to 2 to 3 system, but the quality is where I have the issue, its stupid that past a certain gamestage your guarnteed to ALWAYS get quality 6 drops from every container. It should be with the tiering system for owhat *can* drop, but quality 1-3 is what you mostly get, with qual 4 very rare, 5 extremly rare, and 6 being blessed by rngesus. The current system makes the game far to linear imo, which was a problem in a17. I'd like a19's tiering system where you don't see iron tools till gamestage 25+, but with a18's quality system, so getting qual 4-6 is rare and a nice surprize.

Its pretty much my only gripe with a19 to be honest. Well that and the stupidity of zombies being able to move in water faster than the player can.

7 hours ago, Scyris said:

...............Its pretty much my only gripe with a19 to be honest. Well that and the stupidity of zombies being able to move in water faster than the player can.

I could be wrong but I think I read faatal or someone was looking into this. 

The water has always been pretty wonky so I guess we'll see.

Archived