I hope loot gets tweaked again, as quality 4-6 items are WAY to common.

Scyris

I think they need to put it back to a18 values for how hard it was to find quality 4-6 items, its getting silly that pretty much everything I open late game has nothing but tier 6 items consistantly, IMO tier 4 should be rare, tier 5 very rare, and tier 6 should be extremly rare no mattter what the gamestage is. Keep the other progression though but severely nerf how often t4-6 items spawn in loot. It gets really silly once u hit gamestage 50+ then  high enough so those tier of items are always tier 6.

From a quick glance in the xmls there now seem to be loot load outs by gamestage.
Once you get to a certain gamestage it's ONLY high loadout that will get loaded into loot containers and you can't even find a lvl one gun if you tried.
It also means that new players that die a lot could be lvl 100 and still just find stone tools/blunderbuss.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

6 hours ago, KeiraR said:

From a quick glance in the xmls there now seem to be loot load outs by gamestage.
Once you get to a certain gamestage it's ONLY high loadout that will get loaded into loot containers and you can't even find a lvl one gun if you tried.
It also means that new players that die a lot could be lvl 100 and still just find stone tools/blunderbuss.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thats the problem, its way to easy to get quality 4-6 stuff that it really ruins the game, that stuff should be rare, not found in every single loot container. A18 imo did it far better, with quaklity 4-6 items being fairly rare. I do like the tiering though, but the quality drop rate needs massivle nerfs, so getting a quality 5-6 item in loot is super rare, instead of now where its literally every single chest you open. I dislike the system also as it makes repeated plays boring, as it lost the randomness a18 had, and now its more static and boring for subsequent plays. It also kinda made crafting useless again, as quality 6 items drop like candy from everywhere that there is no need to craft really.

The real issue though is traders, with all loot being quality 6 from every single chest, you can make a fortune way to easly.

Again. make it so quality 4-6 items are super rare, but maintain the curret tiering from primitive->iron->steel. We also need a new 4th tier, as steel has been the top tier for as long as I can remember, its about time we get a new one.

10 hours ago, KeiraR said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Even if they died their DaysAlive all the way back to 0, they should still be GS 120 at lvl 100.

At low levels I think part of the problem is that there's too great an overlap between, for example, primitive tools and iron tools.  I found a Q6 stone shovel that (without mods) is better than the Q3 iron shovel I can craft with a couple ranks in Miner.  And I've actually found 3 or 4 of them.  The entire point of crafting is to be able to make better stuff than you're finding.  

I think a Q5 primitive tool should roughly equal a Q1 iron tool, and a Q6 primitive a Q2 iron.  Similar for iron to steel.

Archived