burried supplies revenue test

36 minutes ago, Kirtonos said:

The main takeaway is that while food units are equal the number of survivors divided by the number of dig quests you do, the xp and dukes are multiplicative. 2 people doing 2 quests nets 4 xp rewards and 4 duke rewards. 3 people doing 3 quests nets 9 xp rewards and 9 exp rewards, etc.

So good for rapidly increasing GS and buying things when trader and vending machine rng is in your favor.

16 hours ago, meganoth said:

You are not doing the maths. You need to compare two guys doing each their own quest which gives them 2xfood with two guys doing those same two quests together which also gives them 2xfood. The interesting thing is that because they half the work per hole they are faster per quest.

Not exactly. Two people do the digging for one quest in half the time. But you are doing two quests with 2 people both people need to dig "half" a hole twice. The only time saver when doing two quests is saving time for walking to the quest and that is only worth it if they are nearby. The most valueble then is double the quest reward from the trader (not the loot in each burried supplies chest).

Digging may still be faster with two people if you only dig the overlapping parts of both circles.

Both people standing in the middle of their circle and then digging to each other seems to work out quite well for me.

12 hours ago, Whorhay said:

People do buried supplies for the stuff in the supply chest?

Yep, a lot people seem to struggle with their food supplies in the first few days. Burried supplies give you food by guarantee, and also receips for making food.

They are mostly just done faster, because they are closer. I'd say a fetch quest in the same distance would be done much faster than burried supplies, especially if you know the POI and only go for the quest. No extra looting, just in, pickup the box and leave. Iirc they are less paied (380 VS 560?). If you do loot, they maybe slower, and there is no guarantee to find food.

33 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Not exactly. Two people do the digging for one quest in half the time. But you are doing two quests with 2 people both people need to dig "half" a hole twice. The only time saver when doing two quests is saving time for walking to the quest and that is only worth it if they are nearby. The most valueble then is double the quest reward from the trader (not the loot in each burried supplies chest).

Digging may still be faster with two people if you only dig the overlapping parts of both circles.

Both people standing in the middle of their circle and then digging to each other seems to work out quite well for me.

I know that. But I needed to explain in words what the math tells us. The only cost difference between unshared and shared quests is the time and food to go or run to the second quest, everything else gets canceled out.

Two people digging seperately two quests and two people digging the same two quests together use the same amount of food and time for the digging. There is no 2 times the food when they do them separately, that's a myth.

I'm ignoring the circle optimization to still keep it simple.

Archived