Bags as an in game possibility?

Extant

I realize there are mods out there for bigger bag sizes, but I was thinking...what about a bag like a trash bag that can be found or a canvas bag that can be crafted/found. It would be on your tool belt and be the size of a secure wood container. The downside would be that it has a 'break factor'. Either how many slots get used or how heavy items are it ups the chance that it breaks, spilling its' contents on the ground in front of you.

What do you guys think? It would be great for long raid/dungeons like Disshong Tower.

2 hours ago, Extant said:

The downside would be that it has a 'break factor'. Either how many slots get used or how heavy items are it ups the chance that it breaks, spilling its' contents on the ground in front of you.

^This contradicts this:

2 hours ago, Extant said:

It would be great for long raid/dungeons like Disshong Tower.

For me, not being able to carry too much at once is a important aspect of the game. That's why i also don't like the bigger-backpack-mods.

However a container that is allowed to be picked up while it is not empty might be a nice enhancement. E.g. a chest with maybe 16 slots you can pick up with content, but you can't access the content while the chest is not placed. That prevents enlarging the inventory and still have everything quickly accessible or be able to craft other stuff from it but you can still carry more stuff at once.

7d2d has no weight system, so an item is never "heavy". 7d2d limits the inventory by slots. Other games (like ARK) implement a weight system. In this games the inventory usually has indefnite slots, but weight of the items limits how many you can carry. That leeds to other restrictions so e.g. in ARK there are crafting receips that require items that weigh much more as anybody can carry, basically every building structure is to heavy or at least that heavy that you can just carry few. You can overload your inventory but then you can't move anymore, means you need to pick up every item you need from nearby chests. Because that is also anoying 7d2d (and most other games i know) have a "pull system". You can magically pull items from chests in a specific radius directly into your inventory without walking to the chest. That allows also crafting to use items directly from chests.

Both has advantages and disadvantages, however with "weight" in 7d2d you shouldn't be able to carry 100 concrete blocks at once, nor 50000 7,62mm. ;)

Archived