Traders in specific maps

There is only a very small chance someone choose the same map name like you did. Random gen maps are generated based on the name you give the map.

When i used RWG it was usually at least one trader per biome. I had around 6 to 8 traders on my 8K maps. Doesn´t mean anything as i only played very few RWG maps before i switched to nitrogen maps.

Trader locations in random maps are random. The "map name" is essentially meaningless (it is, if I had to guess, just a composite of (Old/New/North/South/East/West) + (some place name like 'Livezi' or 'Voluya') + (County/Mountains/Territory/etc.). Just a random-ish name the game makes. It is your Seed value that determines the actual terrain and POI/trader locations.

We used to play 4K maps and there were usually 3-4 traders on them IIRC.

The more I play with the map names I think even the place name ('Livezi' or 'Voluya') is randomly-generated from smaller parts. So the game has a list like:

vo

ba

xi

lu

ja

sa

and when it makes a RWG map it just picks three of them - Vo+lu+sa = Volusa. Then it adds 'Territory' or 'Mountain' and maybe 'New' or 'South' at the front. Wouldn't take a very big list to give them several hundred thousand, if not millions of, possible combinations. More than enough for any single installation.

2 hours ago, JMCVegasDrmr2023 said:

So, question... I am running a random gen solo PVE (but can add players) in  Livezo (*spelling) map. I have found one trader so far.  Has anyone played this map and found other traders? If so, how many can I expect to find?

After you complete your first set of quests, the last one is a trip to the nearest trader. Have done it yet?

This is where the trader-to-trader quests will help out (in the next alpha I think). We spent two game days (on bicycles, so not exactly tearing up the terrain) exploring our 8K Nitrogen map and we only found a fake trader. A custom POI some devious @%$*#! created which looks just like a Trader Joel's, but is full of zombies.

Shocked Baby GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

We still just have our original trader. Once we get minibikes we'll head off again to search for another.

@Boidster Ah yeah, that one. We propably all looked like that baby when we opened the door and the greenies where running towards us. I love the idea tough, sadly a one time experience as we now look carefully at the open sign before entering. :D

And as nice as spawning all together is, having different spawning points usually is better due to mostly having at least two traders right at start already.

Archived