Junk rifle Idea

Adam the Waster

tell me how often you uses a Blunderbuss....... yeah not often 

but i had a idea of a replace meant. (drawling will come soon)

Look: It has some looks like a Cross of A blunderbuss, A pipe rifle and a Air gun! it has a Stock with a Small Air can to pump air to fire Junk shots!, and its made of old wood, tape and Cloth!, the trigger is made with a Nail, the Hall/frame of the gun is made of crudely made wood, scrap, Tape, and Cloth! the Left side of the gun has a Crudely made Grip that you hold it with (kinda like a sten or Type 100). the Magazine is a mid size can shape container on the right side of the gun and you Dumb or Place the Junk rounds or Darts, the Barrel it is a Rusty Bolted together Pipes that also has Tape and Cloth to Reinforced it, and then the sight it has a Small iron sight like a hunting rifle

Crafting/stats, (goes up per level of Turrets syndrome) cost: 20 wood, 4 pipes, 3 tape, 50 Scrap, 10 polymer. gets Much better over time! from being almost equal to a primitive bow to almost as good as a Junk turret. and base ammo is 6 but max is 20 (with mods)

Mods: can uses most mods for rifles, Mags, Grips, barrels , some muzzles, scope but can't have a suppressor (BTW it would be LOUD!)     

Ammo: uses Junk shot and Darts (if you uses Darts, it takes up more space for ammo (around 2) but does much higher damage, AP damage and Has better range!)

Kinda in the vein of what pipe guns in Fallout or the air rifle in Metro Exodus are? I would say I like the idea, as the blunderbuss is near useless in my book. Single shot, might as well stick with the bow as it's more accurate, and it's easier to get a crummy pistol, rifle, or shotgun instead of bothering with a blunderbuss. I'd still hunt with something that needs reload but has multiple shots even if it's low damage, if I could craft it and its ammo.

44 minutes ago, redneckraccoon said:

Kinda in the vein of what pipe guns in Fallout or the air rifle in Metro Exodus are? I would say I like the idea, as the blunderbuss is near useless in my book. Single shot, might as well stick with the bow as it's more accurate, and it's easier to get a crummy pistol, rifle, or shotgun instead of bothering with a blunderbuss. I'd still hunt with something that needs reload but has multiple shots even if it's low damage, if I could craft it and its ammo.

more like the weapon from metro :)

and between the bow and the Junk rifle

Bow: stealthy, Ups: Retrievable ammo, easy to repair (wood), great range

Downs: weak, not great aiming 

Junk rifle: ups:Versatile, cheap ammo, Ok range, able to fully mod out

Downs: LOUD AS HELL, odd repair (plastic and Pipes), ok damage but can be beaten by pistols (without perks)

3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

more like the weapon from metro :)

That was a fun as hell weapon. I think it would be a great added weapon here if it's feasible. Only issue I see is how would you add air to the system if you already have to reload ammo. Would need an extra action button I would think, which I don't see happening to keep the game action simple, or have an extended reload sequence that would have an extra amount of animation. That might be the deal breaker there...

33 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

@Adam the Waster,

@bdubyah with his Wasteland Weapons mod has you covered! 😁

spacer.png

spacer.png

*flashbacks* OH NO THE SUPER MUTANTS!

Looks cool! though!  

31 minutes ago, redneckraccoon said:

That was a fun as hell weapon. I think it would be a great added weapon here if it's feasible. Only issue I see is how would you add air to the system if you already have to reload ammo. Would need an extra action button I would think, which I don't see happening to keep the game action simple, or have an extended reload sequence that would have an extra amount of animation. That might be the deal breaker there...

my idea of reloading would be like that, where there is a Bellow/pump on the back. and then you load the ammo in it!

ill have my drawling out Hopefully tomorrow  

16 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

my idea of reloading would be like that, where there is a Bellow/pump on the back. and then you load the ammo in it!

So the extended reloading? If they could do the animation without much trouble, I think it would be a feasible option to replace that useless blunderbuss. I wouldn't mind that extra loud con to it, but most air rifles I've actually shot are not that loud, maybe a little less than a .22 caliber rifle or pistol. The less damage make perfect sense, if it's less than a bow or pistol. It would still be preferable to that blunderbuss. 

as for the super muties mod, are you trying to give me PTSD, Mr.devolver? Scratch that, now i wanna play some Fallout....

9 minutes ago, redneckraccoon said:

Scratch that, now i wanna play some Fallout....

as for the super muties mod, are you trying to give me PTSD, Mr.devolver?

There... :classic_tongue:

4 minutes ago, redneckraccoon said:

That reminds me of when I played an A17 mod designed after Borderlands, think it was Borderlandz, wonder if it's been updated for A18?

I remember that mod, but I never played it myself, just watched some gameplay videos. It had some interesting concepts. I don't think there is a version for A18. Many good mods never made it from A17 to A18.

It was fun, constant mob spawns, lots of different weapons, and class perks. wouldn't mind that one being updated. seems like a lot of mods never made it to A18.

And to kinda stay on topic, like the idea of bellows, or a pump idea, as it keeps from making too many extra assets to add the weapon to the game

Archived