<Modlet> Proper Repair Kits

Iceburg71

• 1 month later...

Awesome Mod! Really enjoying it on my single player, but I'm trying to get it working on my dedicated server. The repair items seem to stay but none of the description from the localization file are there. Are there any solutions to this or does that need to run on clients as well? Thank you!

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Iceburg71 said:

that may need to be local.  I am not sure...  But that doesn't make sense.  I will test it and see what I can see...

I just checked. The case of your localization filename does not match the game's case. It should be "Localization.txt", and yours is "localization.txt".

This will work OK on Windows (since file and folder names are not case sensitive on Windows), but not on any other operating system. So if the dedicated server is Linux, it won't pick up that file. (Nor will it work on Mac, but I don't know how many Mac players there are.)

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, I found an issue with your mod when trying to debug an issue someone brought up about my item quality degradation mod. When you try and repair the steel club, you get an error like the one posted above about the machete.

Thanks for the mod, it works well except for renaming the basic kit, which is only used for vehicles.

resourceRepairKit,items,Item, "Vehicle repair kit",

It still leaves:  

resourceRepairKit,items,Item, "Repair Kit",