Mobile Bases

Yannis2470

So i am into mobile homes, building a customizing different kinds of homes on wheels. I think that it would be really cool to be able to build a base on wheels in-game. This would bring the nomad playstyle to the next level if you could learn how to build some kind of custom trailer. Imagine mad-max style truck with a flatbed trailer that has a set limit of structural stability. on the flat bed you can build a small base within the limits of the ss enough to have a bedroll, storage boxes, and crafting stations. In a lot of my end-game (100+ days) i would like to be able to explore a large map without having to travel to and from a stationary base.

Do you realize how huge the whole mobile base would have to be to have all what you expect it to have? It probably wouldn't be too easy to move it around. It MIGHT be doable by heavily hacking, modding, using the game assets in ways that are probably not even officially supported (Winks at @Snufkin the lego builder level 1000 of 7 days to die assets lol), but I wouldn't expect something like this to happen officially.

it would only need ~3x8 block space for the trailer its not that big honestly and its not like im trying to build a castle on the bed xD just necessities @mr.devolver (forgot to tag you) but also there will be a vehicle update somewhere in a19 so its not impossible for something to be developed officially if theyre already looking at upgrading vehicles.

Buenas, me parece buena idea. yo lo veo mas como algun modelo de camion prefabricado, estilo receta 4x4, en el que puedas entrar dentro y venga de serie con un kit de moviliario basico (fragua, fogata, armarios para almacenamiento y cama), estacion quimica y hormigonera no seria necesario (para obligar en cierta medida a tener una base estacionaria donde volver y tenerlo todo ahi). que te de cierta autonomia pero que no pueda reemplazar a una buena base de hormigon reforzado y acero.

Still same idea, just done a little different. Not saying it wouldn't be cool, but dont think game really needs it. I think it would just take away from game. Even in your example of nomad, the fun for me is deciding what to take with me, and wondering if I will find a working forge/bench. Currently you can easily pick them up and take them with you. I dont even craft them, just use what I can find.

Archived