Zombie 'group damage'

gaffers

I notice that zombies seem to smash through stuff much quicker when there's a bunch hitting the same block, but it doesn't look like additive damage. That is to say, three zombies seem to do much more than three times the damage of a single one.

Is there a formula for this somewhere? My recently deceased self wants answers.

Oh, and hi, long time lurker first time poster

I notice that zombies seem to smash through stuff much quicker when there's a bunch hitting the same block, but it doesn't look like additive damage. That is to say, three zombies seem to do much more than three times the damage of a single one.

Is there a formula for this somewhere? My recently deceased self wants answers.

Oh, and hi, long time lurker first time poster

dont know the formula but yes this is designed this way. this may be hard coded.

the idea is/was, to not let them unattended or they will cause more damage. so if you hear them.... kill them.

QA Tester-unholyjoe

Yes, there is. This factor was quite high in early A17 and reduced later on. Not sure how high it is at the moment or how the parameter is called in the XML.

What I would like to know is whether only zombies attacking the same block get this bonus or any zombies in close proximity. I.e. Would a zombie standing on the head of another zombie give this zombie the bonus even though they can't possibly attack the same block?

dont know the formula but yes this is designed this way. this may be hard coded.

the idea is/was, to not let them unattended or they will cause more damage. so if you hear them.... kill them.

QA Tester-unholyjoe

This is why I turned down zombie block damage to 25%. An entire wandering horde stacked up on 1 block?

No.

They can still all bash through, but at least I have time to get there before they trash the quest poi that I'm on.

I know it's intended behaviour. I don't agree with that method. So I turn it down.

Now, if I could just turn off digging.... :)

Archived