No screamers??

Sandals

Started a fresh server due to previous bugs, on day 28 and level 50 now and not had a single screamer?? Been in the same base since day 1 (we run to another building for horde night so it's not overly built).

In my old game which was 18.2, we were getting multiple screamers a day. Bugged??

Maybe. Two ideas to find out more:

You could look into your logfile and search for screamer events and possible error messages.

Maybe build 5 forges and a few torches and place them all in one spot and turn on the forges. If that doesn't bring a screamer event in your logfile after half a day I would assume it is bugged. If it does it may be just that your old workstations don't produce heat anymore.

Maybe you put your workstations too far from each other (if your base is big). Do you have a workstation-room or did you distribute them all over the POI?

Did you plaster playermade blocks all inside and around your base until the screamer has no spawn location anymore? From your description this doesn't seem to be the case, I mention this only to be thorough.

Only 2 forges? If you're missing the sleepers then have a go at it, but i guess that is way too little heat generation.

I constantly have 4 Forges and 3 Cement Mixers on the run, sometimes adding something on the Workbench. I rarely get Wandering Hordes or sleepers, unless i light up the Chem Station and Campfire alongside the usual.

They do still show up. I destroy a number of structures anytime I come across a destroyed-trader camp (flagpole, water tower, antennas) so that I don't keep thinking it's an undiscovered real trader. I almost always get a screamer due to all the crashing metal.

If all else fails, just start blasting The Cure and they'll show up for certain.

-Morloc

• 2 weeks later...

Archived