Why no one is doing anything for 7 days to die

Doggman1414

These 3 statements sum it up about what they need to come clean about. The current version of console they bought is DEAD.

If they never had the resources to do both versions concurrently they why tell us TFP might do an update after TFP get the rights back, if you clearly donآ’t have the resources to do both projects. From the TellTale update post.

Why be vague and act like you are going to support console. Kicking the can down the road until PC goes gold to finally come clean with the current version of console. From the most recent console update post.

Everything being said sounds like the current version is dead. That is my only complaint now, rather then telling us its over. We get the after PC goes gold we will find out the current version. Which I think we all agree is done.

I just seems like TFP have had a few opportunities to tell us the current version is done. They havenآ’t said it.

Based upon the facts you and Sylen provided. Why would you THINK TFP would keep the door open on an option that clearly isnt going to happen?

Because it still might happen. Another company could approach them, decisions can change, etc. They made it damn clear in their post

https://7daystodie.com/console-news/

They explained that they are not console developers and explicitly said

As you can see, this is not an easy problem to solve. We are exploring all options that would eventually deliver a new version of 7 Days to consoles but this would likely happen after the PC version has gone gold and could end up being an entirely new product or on the next console.

It's not just a matter of resources. They could hire people with console experience and spend the time and money but that will take away from the development of the PC version which is their primary focus. The reason the TTG partnership was even done was the fact that they were going to do all of that themselves with minimal impact to PC development.

They are not being vague at all and are being incredibly clear. They also aren't going to say it will never happen because they could be approached tomorrow by another studio who wants to develop it, and things change. Hence why businesses never speak in absolutes.

I mean heck, for all we know the PS5 dev kit of the new x-box dev kit might make porting from Unity easier, Sony/Microsoft could change their stance on save games being broken, etc. Anything could change, hence why you always keep your options open

Because it still might happen. Another company could approach them, decisions can change, etc. They made it damn clear in their post

https://7daystodie.com/console-news/

They explained that they are not console developers and explicitly said

It's not just a matter of resources. They could hire people with console experience and spend the time and money but that will take away from the development of the PC version which is their primary focus. The reason the TTG partnership was even done was the fact that they were going to do all of that themselves with minimal impact to PC development.

They are not being vague at all and are being incredibly clear. They also aren't going to say it will never happen because they could be approached tomorrow by another studio who wants to develop it, and things change. Hence why businesses never speak in absolutes.

I mean heck, for all we know the PS5 dev kit of the new x-box dev kit might make porting from Unity easier, Sony/Microsoft could change their stance on save games being broken, etc. Anything could change, hence why you always keep your options open

LMAO, do you really believe what you posted?

I read their post and the only آ“damnآ” thing that made clear is nothing is going to happen until the PC goes gold. TFP dont even know when that is going to happen.

The money for the current version has been made and if TFP dont feel the risk is worth it, then no one else will think the financial risk is worth it. Seems to me we all understand the issue, MONEY. I get it. I just think making us wait for PC to go gold is wrong, at least for the current console version. I am all aboard the next version and ponying up money for the next one, IF that happens. I fully understand they might not want to make another run at console.

I agree anything could have happened. The fact is that time has long since passed for the current version. When PC goes gold, you will see they will tell us the current version is dead, or maybe to keep hoping. At some point TFP will say it. Sorry, but I stand by the come clean on the update for the current version of console. I get people are going to cry about it. But the truth hurts sometimes.

Still dont understand that broken save game statement. Every update I downloaded for my 7D2D console version required me to restart a new world to get the new update features.

Still dont understand that broken save game statement. Every update I downloaded for my 7D2D console version required me to restart a new world to get the new update features.

You can still play your save on the update though. If they updated to current PC build, it would absolutely render all saves invalid completely. That's a huge difference from just not having all the new features, but being able to continue your save.

Archived