Thoughts on Trader Quests.

Kashnar82

I love the idea except the spending the night to avoid horde night but that's a ton of systems to implement from a programming standpoint.

?

New dialogue: "I want to stay the night [x dukes {insert formula}]" -> remove money from player (if enough money) -> set flag trader_no_teleport_at_night for player -> add new if (trader_no_teleport_at_night ) {return;} to teleport function.

• 3 months later...

Just completed the dishong clear quest for the first time I think.

I made this random world with 1337 seed and just picked the biggest forest biome city and added a bunch of PoIs, including all skyscrapers in the center.

Now traders offer slightly more variety and with max agi/stealth build, I like doing the dishong fetch from the top floor by trying to avoid zombies and parkouring through elevator shafts, smashing staircase barriers to skip sections, leaving behind random cobble blocks to slow down the chasing horde etc.

Still, I am running out of ideas to spice things up any further.

If you play on RWG maps (or any of the PREGEN0x maps), you'll get the apt complex ones. Sometimes, that's the only ones in range of the trader.

Shotgun messiah is an easy one IF you use guns. Vultures are annoying on clear quests (at least one always gets bugged).

It's the waterworks that I hate. that collapsing catwalk, that dumps you into water where YOU can't shoot/hit anything, yet the zeds can hit you. grrrr.

Never had dishong/pharma ones yet. Dishong is in PREGEN02, so planning to go for that one soon.

I played pregen02 extensively and there is only one nearby trader (within 0,5 kms from the dishong) but he doesn't often give the quest.

Crack-a-book is the simplest, fastest tier 5 quest location.

I did some rough calculations that assume you ignore most mundane containers except for weapon chests, bags and any of the wooden boxes like stiff, shamway or shotgun messiah.

Just get through the location clearing it up asap and picking only the essentials, no shortcuts:

Apartment 6: ~29 minutes, 161 zombies

Factory 1 (shamway): ~23 minutes, 156 zombies

Factory 2 (messiah): 27 minutes, 192 zombies

Skyscraper 1 (dishong): above 1 hour, ~330 zombies

Skyscraper 2 (crack-a-book): 17 minutes, 67 zombies

These are of course estimates, zombie counts may vary.

Also, I have a maxed agi char with all seven pistol pete skills and a bad-ass smg so it's a one-hit wonder against 95% of zeds, cuts the time considerably.

I still need to do this for the hospital but I expect it to be between the apartment and shamway factory both in terms of kill count and time.

Higashi is probably closer to Dishong, with roughly 250 zombies and 40 minutes but that remains to be checked.

Shamway is overall quite decent because you get to access 3 hidden stashes placed conveniently on the path and you don't face as many zombies as in most cases.

EDIT: Just did a quick run with the fetch/clear quest in Dishong. Almost exactly 1 hour of real-time and 374 zombies. Ignoring 90% of all loot containers. Had to descend down to level 5 (again, as in my previous run) to clear a room with construction workers. Seems like those under-construction levels are quite elusive, despite the fact I was very thorough and liberal with my pick-axe.

Archived