Disabling POI reset for quests

ghost3142

Hi everyone, is there any way to disable the POI refreshing everytime you take a new quest located in it? I wanted to try clearing the various bits and bobs in each POI to deprive the sleepers their hiding spots. This is so that I can have clear line of fire to headshot them from stealth, something often impossible for the vast majority of the sleeper spawns. This helps when quests repeat the same POI, and vastly cuts down on the amount of daylight taken to clear them.

I understand that this might prevent the POI loot from respawning as well (only doing so based on global settings and not everytime a new quest is undertaken for that location), but frankly I'm quite fine with this.

Oh and I guess this could also count as an exploit as you can essentially farm infinite materials from the constantly reseting POIs.

I know everyone have their own play style, but let me get this straight. You don't want POI reset because it bring infinite material, but you want to cheese the quests, free instant kill all the sleeper and open a path straight to all the loot?

Thats why I didn't bother to reply, he complained about it regening materials, yet he wants to be able to effortlessly go in kill everything loot the stuff and get out. Mind you I do kinda agree all the zombies in closets gotta go as they just make no sense. Nor do the ones that suddendly drop down from the cieling in some poi's come to think of it.

I find stealth useless in 7dtd as many rooms are what I call "trigger rooms" no matter how quiet you are the second you come into the room every sleeper is going to wake up as its programmed to do it, one good case is the Army base, that has 5 safes and a gun bag in the 1 room, you can shoot the back panels the zombies are with a gun and not wake them up, they only wake up if you hit one of them, or the second you walk onto the first block into room activates all 3. Shotgun messiah factory has many rooms like this where second you walk in, every single sleeper automatically wakes up, no matter how quiet you are.

Well, clearing a Tier 5 POI would be neither free nor instant actually. I'm not going to, for example, knock down all the walls and expose every sleeper spawn from the outside so I can snipe them from the boundaries of the POI. This is about being able to sneak into each room and being able to clear most of the sleepers out, instead of being deliberately funnelled into close proximity of the sleepers as they are hidden behind conveniently placed pallets of boxes and bags of cement.

Now, just having to sneak through a whole Shamway factory is not going to make it instant, so we can lay that hyperbole to rest. And since this requires ranged ammunition (sincr we, y'know are trying to kill sleepers from range without waking them up) we can also dismiss the "free" part as well. As for opening a path straight to the loot, lets not forget that most quests have Clear/Fetch objectives, so really, the loot is secondary to completion. I need skill points, not a third green quality chainsaw.

For example, wouldn't it be great to be able to solve the "sleeper in closet" peeve by leaving all the POI closet doors destroyed during quests? Or wouldn't it be helpful (although I suspect glitchy and IMUURSION breaking) to circumvent the "sleeper raining down from the false ceiling" by having said surfaces stay destroyed?

I tried demolishing a building in creative after getting a Clear quest there. Suffice to say, the spawns were messed up and I had to use Fly mode to trigger the last zombie spawn. If they made a system to be able to handle that type of thing, I see no reason the POIs should be reset. In fact, each POI should only ever come up ONCE in quests. Nothing more boring than getting the same dungeon crawls over and over.

Ye, considering how disabling tbe reset function could introduce far more problems and instability, I wouldn't want the developers to add it in. After all, this isn't about forcing others to conform to my prescribed playstyle. I'm trying to essentially tweak my own game and take any glitches as an acceptable risk on my part, which is why I'm not eager to exploit the new possibilitiee to the limits.

Archived