Give us Offical PvP servers

Stahl

You thought about getting your own server? there used to be a file where you could change things in located in the server files that could set the exp, dmg, toolbelt drop, backpack drop, loot abundancy and the claimblock. also there are many mods you could install that would do the things you like so you don't need to wait a year for them to setup the options.

You could setup the ultimate PvP server if you like, also they aren't that expensive to run, so go for it.

I had thought about it, but for now im playing a PvP server called Exit Humanity. Its good fun, no horde, loot and exp are at 300% but some people hack and crash the server to duplicate loot and the server owner doesn't know what he's doing and runs the server off his friends pc and its laggy.

I just want solid stable servers that don't lag and don't crash. I feel like it would bring alot more players to the game, the pvp aspect of this game is very uniqeu and fun and the devs don't really care. They want to this game to be a single player RPG, they've totally lost vision of what they want this game to be. Christ its still in EA after all these years with no sign of it leaving.

TFP should sell the game to a more passionate developer!!

I had thought about it, but for now im playing a PvP server called Exit Humanity. Its good fun, no horde, loot and exp are at 300% but some people hack and crash the server to duplicate loot and the server owner doesn't know what he's doing and runs the server off his friends pc and its laggy.

I just want solid stable servers that don't lag and don't crash. I feel like it would bring alot more players to the game, the pvp aspect of this game is very uniqeu and fun and the devs don't really care. They want to this game to be a single player RPG, they've totally lost vision of what they want this game to be. Christ its still in EA after all these years with no sign of it leaving.

Says the person that isn't passionate enough to get your own server running. :cocksure:

Sorry, after the paragraph with the usual "lost vision" bull**** just because it doesn't go your way, you deserved some flak. Passion that moves the game away from YOUR vision is still passion.

If the server im playing on is too laggy etc then i'll definitely be making my own server.

And the whole lost vision thing is absolutely true. What even is this game anymore. Is it an RPG, is it an open world survival, is it a hack n slash. Sure the game can be all these things. But unless it focuses on one it won't be a great game.

Honestly the devs are going the single player RPG route. RPG style "Skill builds" for "increased replayability", random stat based guns and weapons, slower leveling. I just feel like the devs are going in the wrong direction and wasting their time.

If the server im playing on is too laggy etc then i'll definitely be making my own server.

And the whole lost vision thing is absolutely true. What even is this game anymore. Is it an RPG, is it an open world survival, is it a hack n slash. Sure the game can be all these things. But unless it focuses on one it won't be a great game.

Honestly the devs are going the single player RPG route. RPG style "Skill builds" for "increased replayability", random stat based guns and weapons, slower leveling. I just feel like the devs are going in the wrong direction and wasting their time.

Well, but when the original kickstarter already promised it would be an RPG AND open world surivial AND tower defense AND ... then there is no lost vision. They wanted to do a genre mix from the start seven years ago and now we have that genre mix. That a few versions inbetween were different because parts were missing doesn't mean they changed course, it means they showed you only part of the game in earlier alphas.

Check out their kickstarter page:

. The kickstarter description is very similar to what 7D2D became, only some of the details changed.

And it is great because it doesn't focus on one thing alone. Would it still be great if it kept the survival but threw out the tower defense? Would it still be possible to play single player, mulitplayer co-op and even PvP if they focused on one thing only ? Would you like JUST a single player open world survival game ? You don't and I don't want that. I play co-op multiplayer by the way and I don't see that going away or getting lost. I always do a lot of building and mining, again don't see this going away.

Sure, you want another PvP game. But "multiplayer" as a synonym for PvP is mentioned in the kickstarter pitch only once, "PvP" not at all. IF they would focus their efforts on one thing only, would that focus really be PvP ? I doubt that.

Out of all zombie games where you can PvP the challenges added by the RPG elements make it one of the best games for it.

You need to use a bit more tactics and setup your base not only for players but also for the most enjoyable thrilling hordes.

Being a bit sarcastic now but from your post cutting out all that makes this game great and stand out from other games I can read, you're just there to bully kiddos raiding them offline, ruining their hard work and fun while hiding in a pit at bedrock so they can't find you.

So I can understand why you not having any fun in game since that type of gameplay is like honey to hackers and cheats.

My suggestion is do a bit of work, explore, fight, survive, PvP and play the game like intended you will have a lot more fun for sure.

If any mod would be so kind to lock this one before it turns in to a trollfest.

Okie Flycatcher, you're a total idiot and totally missed the point i was trying to make. And suggesting to lock this thread because im expressing my concerns for the game? Nice. And FYI i spend all my time in the this game making a massive disgusting base, clearing out POI's, pvp'ing, hunting down other players bases and thanks to 18.1 wrenching cars. Not once have i said im not having fun. I just think offical PVP and PvE servers, less RPG style skill builds and more pvp support would help this game become alot more popular.

Meganoth, thats fair enough, but look where the game has gone in 7 years. Yeah okie it's had some major improvements and the original game looks unrecognisable compared to now, which is great.

I don't want them to remove, resource gathering or base building or POI looting, i just want PVP to get some more and for the devs to not force us into playing set "Skill build" BS. This game could be huge if the PvP was better, i love it, but its not eveyones cup of tea. BUT it could be.

Meganoth, thats fair enough, but look where the game has gone in 7 years. Yeah okie it's had some major improvements and the original game looks unrecognisable compared to now, which is great.

I don't want them to remove, resource gathering or base building or POI looting, i just want PVP to get some more and for the devs to not force us into playing set "Skill build" BS. This game could be huge if the PvP was better, i love it, but its not eveyones cup of tea. BUT it could be.

It is hard to say where it would be with more focus in PvP. Maybe it would be a wild success. But maybe 7D2D has already found most of the PvP players who like a slow time-consuming mix of PvE and PvP where you play for hours before the next confrontation with another player. PvP is most popular with young players (when reflexes are still top) and young players tend to have less patience.

I'm sure PvP for this game could bring many new players. But to make it really successful AND even operate servers itself TFP would have to grow massively in size, something the owners don't like to do. Evidence of this is that they kept the company small even though that meant 7 years of development.

They also like the RPG part. They also haven't even finished the PvE game, bandits are still missing, lots of polishing is needed and they want to get 1.0 out before they really take the throne from Duke Nukem Forever as longest game in development :smile-new:

My point is: They probably know there is money to be made in PvP as well, just like there is an untapped market on consoles, but they know full well that going after every carrot dangling before their noses with their current setup is not possible. And changing plans now is risky, time consuming and costly. And very probably not how they like to do things.

So I'm sure they want to know about continued interest in PvP. But the chance that they will change their plans when the roadmap to a released game is finally in clear sight is practically zero. This game will have RPG, will be released in about 1-2 years and PvP will stay a secondary goal until then at least.

(Disclaimer, since I'm speaking about their motives and plans: This is just my personal opinion and guesswork after reading this forum for a long time)

How it someone running a crappy server translated into TFP losing vision of what they want their game to be. Your making no sense at all

1. For starters TFP do not host ANY servers, PvP or otherwise.

2. If people want to host a PvP server as you described they are free to do so and can tweak the xp and loot to anyway you want.

3. You need to take up your solid stable servers with the people running them on inferior hardware. It has nothing to do with the game developers.

What you are true about is the dev's don't really care about PvP that much. There are a million PvP battle royale shooters on the market, and not really any other games like 7dtd. Considering the success they've had its worked out well for them to NOT make another generic Day Z game.

- - - Updated - - -

i love it, but its not eveyones cup of tea. BUT it could be.

That is a very dangerous path to try to do. It sounds good on paper but trying to make the game cater to every diverse group of people who might like it usually ends up with your game failing. PvP balance has killed many games and destoyed PvE and vice versa.

I would say read this fable as a good lesson on why you shouldn't try to please everyone.

https://fablesofaesop.com/the-miller-his-son-and-their-ass.html

Archived