LazMan vs Day 35 Horde

Laz Man

Alpha 18.1 experimental (Build 6), Default Difficulty (Adventurer), 10 max alive. Intelligence / Perception Build (Level 37, Game Stage 85, 60 Minute Days)

Day 35 Horde Night - Compact Flagstone/Concrete horde base in the snow biome. 3 x junk turrets, Electric Fencing (north side wiring error), 4 x dart traps, 1 x Shotgun turret, 1 x SMG turret (ammo not locked :p) and active base defense.

Base Diagram:

qltHoCN.png

Electrified Stairs:

sktCbpc.png

Since the Day 28 Horde Night, the following changes were made:

1) Moved 3 turrets to other sides of stairs to make them less likely to trigger demolisher explosions

2) Added SMG turret (but forgot to lock ammo :p)

3) Added 2 more dart traps (but forgot to lock ammo for one of them)

4) Added electrical fencing to stairway

5) Replaced some wooden bars with plate blocks to shield against cop spit

Video:

[video=youtube_share;YXn2EzymGkQ]

That's some slick shooting with the hunting rifle, one hell of an efficient base too.

Does electric fences not take any damage behind the hatches?

What happens if they get up, what's the fall back plan?

Base in the snow biome! You're a man who likes pain.

Thanks. Had a few lucky shots here and there. The fence posts do take damage over time. Because of that, I run many of the posts in parallel so when one post eventually goes down, the rest dont go down with it.

With the fencing on the stairs hardly any zeds even made it to the 2nd step let alone the 3rd and that's with the SMG not firing.

I think I'll up to 12 alive for the next one...😂

that looked like fun, good placement on the turrets. I liked the electric stairs. will have to incorporate. from the game play, I see 2 modifications I will need to make for the birdcage. Should help against pukers. when I get there I will show you.

Yep, I gotta do something about that spit. They kept on launching that crap at me. As a side note, it was an interesting coincidence that the zeds would run at me in a line from out that small hole in my wooden bars on my side. I definitely took advantage of that angle to kill a few cops before they got close.

One issue though from sniping from a far was one cop that didnt die and ended up exploding and destroying one of my motion sensors. Will probably place the sensor 1 block higher to see if that helps.

Yep, I gotta do something about that spit. They kept on launching that crap at me. As a side note, it was an interesting coincidence that the zeds would run at me in a line from out that small hole in my wooden bars on my side. I definitely took advantage of that angle to kill a few cops before they got close.

One issue though from sniping from a far was one cop that didnt die and ended up exploding and destroying one of my motion sensors. Will probably place the sensor 1 block higher to see if that helps.

I could also switch to using trigger plates...like a certain someone I know 😂...but I like having hatches covering the electrical posts. I have an idea to do away with the hatches but it will take a bit before i can do that retrofit.

you know how on my birdcage, I have bars on the bottom and build up? on yours, put fence in that gap or wood plate. if they dont see you, they dont spit.

funny, I was thinking of motion sensors. here is one for you. at the motion sensor, make a hollow cube and put the sensor in the hollow as you did your shottie turret

you know how on my birdcage, I have bars on the bottom and build up? on yours, put fence in that gap or wood plate. if they dont see you, they dont spit.

funny, I was thinking of motion sensors. here is one for you. at the motion sensor, make a hollow cube and put the sensor in the hollow as you did your shottie turret

Good idea, I may try that. Thanks!

Archived