Balance - Junk Turret VS Zombie Bears

Wiltuschnik

I think that Junk Turret is a bit too OP in any 1 vs 1 scenario even at low levels.

I'm constantly killing Zombie Bears (1-2 a day) in wasteland from lv 1/2 of Turret Syndrome with a level 1 Junk Turret and not even wasting all the ammo (no mods).

The perma-stun is just too much in the 1 vs 1 scenarios.

Works the same for feral zombies (zombie cop feral, wight feral etc..)

Let me fear the bears like in the past if possible!

I think that Junk Turret is a bit too OP in any 1 vs 1 scenario even at low levels.

I'm constantly killing Zombie Bears (1-2 a day) in wasteland from lv 1/2 of Turret Syndrome with a level 1 Junk Turret and not even wasting all the ammo (no mods).

Can't you just stop using the turrets? You are evoking an image in my mind of you in the wasteland, tears streaming, saying to yourself "Just this one time.." and then dropping the turret down anyway and hating yourself.

Just busting your chops man :)

Can't you just stop using the turrets? You are evoking an image in my mind of you in the wasteland, tears streaming, saying to yourself "Just this one time.." and then dropping the turret down anyway and hating yourself.

Just busting your chops man :)

OFC if a game is a sandbox-rpg and i want to roleplay i will stop using any "too easy" way to survive.

but it's not that kind of game.. i think.

i have to do my best to survive.

the rules are defined by devs, having a big-bad-boy as a bear and killing him as easily as a dog without any risk can't be balanced.

i'm not abusing a bug, junk turret is a normal weapon (and found from start 3 of them in less than 4 days)

even if it's "ok" at high levels, it can't be balanced at lv 1-2-3.. just that.

Try an AK, same result I would guess. So it is the bear that is probably somewhat too weak

i'm playing int guy so i guess you're right.. never tested AK on bear!

i remember the days when the zombie bear was the worst thing to face in any stage of the game :p

OFC not in the quest where he got stuck in the basement of a building and you spammed arrows from a high & safe place! (so funny to see a porcupine bear)

Against a single (and dumb) enemy junk turrets are awesome.

Then you get complacent and 3 ferals are charging you... =)

Against a single (and dumb) enemy junk turrets are awesome.

Then you get complacent and 3 ferals are charging you... =)

With dumb what you mean?

I don't think tha any AI can handle a 3-shots-a-second perma-stun from a turret.

(the 3 ferals thing is totally TRUE OFC xD )

1/2 of turret syndrome? 1 or 2 perks in turret syndrome? 2nd perk in turret syndrome is what, INT 7 or 8? That is a lot of buff alone to the turret even without the perk.

But ya either way, It is not doing anything a AK or pistol cant do. Bears stun ez. Any gun with a decent fire rate will hold them back. Its when you get surprised, or need to reload that they can mess you up.

You can even kite them with slower guns like a HR. Shoot, run away, shoot, run away. They de-aggro fairly easily when they dont see you.

Bears should be a lot faster, harder (or impossible) to stun, and capable of easily climbing up a two or three block wall.

Just to put them closer in line with actual bears.

I'd probably make zombie bears worse at climbing but more likely to start demolishing blocks as well, so there's a disparity between how they act after being zombified.

Archived