Can you repair bulletproof glass ?

Grolbu

I was wandering around the new Fire Station tapping walls with a stone axe to see how many hit points they had with an eye to building a base upstairs. I tapped a bulletproof window (which didn't have as many hp as I was expecting) and now I can't repair it. The wiki says you 'repair' them with new blocks which I do have in my inventory, do I need to just smash the affected panel out and replace it ?

Uhh, you "can" repair bulletproof glass, it's just a little weird. The "repair material" is a bulleproof glass block, you'll need one in your inventory. Whether you repair one point of damage or three thousand, a whole block in used per "new block to repair". It mostly saves you the trouble of knocking down a 500 hp glass to replace it, but I wouldn't recommend repairing just slightly damaged blocks, so, be careful.

Disclaimer: I tested this in creative A18.5 b5, placing down my own bulletproof glass block to test, but that means I'm not sure the firestation glasses work the same way. They should, but.

Ok, not sure what I was doing wrong - I had replacement blocks of what I thought were the same type in my inventory, after I smashed out the damaged pane the new pane I put in looked identical to what was there, but when I tried to hammer the glass back to health it didn't work - when I get back into the game I'll give myself a full set of every possible bulletproof glass block and have another go. Thanks :)

It's official, I can't do it. I've tried with a stone axe and with a hammer. I replaced the broken pane in the fire station with one from a small stack I had then for ♥♥♥♥s n giggles I gave that a whack - and I couldn't repair it. So I went outside and placed another one on the ground, whacked it, couldn't repair it.

I have a small stack of the glass blocks, if I place one then damage it I can't use another block from the same stack to repair it. I'd say that's officially borked. Nuts.

Archived