Jack O lanterns as light/heat sources

Synvastian

is the jack o lantern the same light radius and heat amount as a candle on its own?

If anyone knows and is willing to share (or can help me find out myself cuz im an idiot honestly) I would greatly appreciate it

~Syn

From what I can tell in the xml file, I don't think any heat. It seems to be similar to many decorative POI lights like wall candles and porch lights. I don't think it contributes to the heatmap/screamer system either.

One of my least favourite additions to the loot table.Tacky, kitschy and all too obviously added because it was Halloween. It's like the rotten Santa hats and candy canes they added into A17. Gimmicky nonsense.

That said the game really could do with more variety of light sources, especially electrical ones.

From what I can tell in the xml file, I don't think any heat. It seems to be similar to many decorative POI lights like wall candles and porch lights. I don't think it contributes to the heatmap/screamer system either.

Does it actually produce light now? when I made one when they first put it in it didn't give off any light whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

One of my least favourite additions to the loot table.Tacky, kitschy and all too obviously added because it was Halloween. It's like the rotten Santa hats and candy canes they added into A17. Gimmicky nonsense.

That said the game really could do with more variety of light sources, especially electrical ones.

I'd honestly like the wiring tool to have more range maybe 15 or 20 blocks, Darkness Falls has an advanced wiring tool that has a 20 block range and its glorious for setting up electrical things.

Does it actually produce light now? when I made one when they first put it in it didn't give off any light whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd honestly like the wiring tool to have more range maybe 15 or 20 blocks, Darkness Falls has an advanced wiring tool that has a 20 block range and its glorious for setting up electrical things.

Yes it does provide light now, I would say similar to a regular candle. I use a pair of them to light part of my base.

I agree, the wiring tool with a longer reach would be a great help, especially helpful with electric fences.

Yeah, a weak light. It's directional like a spotlight. The light that shines out of it actually makes a face that you can see if you have it facing a wall a couple blocks away.

Archived