Where is the asphalt?

Druuna

Yeah I'm not finding a way to be able to craft it either. Sucks that they decided to take that recipe away because I liked being able to lay down asphalt and being able to patch up the roads when they get broken. I might just decide on a recipe that I'm comfortable with, throw out the ingredients, and use the creative menu to give myself that many.

I’ve asked for it a couple times over the past few weeks. Doesn’t look like it’s gonna happen. Madmole told me to use gravel, lol

The nerve! No respect for people with OCD..

That would bother me too though, I hate when my base is all messed up looking.

The nerve! No respect for people with OCD..

That would bother me too though, I hate when my base is all messed up looking.

I wanted to try a base where the garage covered the road with a garage door on each side. But then the asphalt was getting damaged and there wasn't a nice way to deal with it. Best thing I could do is place down concrete and paint it dark. Looks real off though.

I wanted to try a base where the garage covered the road with a garage door on each side. But then the asphalt was getting damaged and there wasn't a nice way to deal with it. Best thing I could do is place down concrete and paint it dark. Looks real off though.

I'd just add it to the recipes.xml. You can add it to the mixer pretty easily. I always add a few blocks to that xml because I love building nice stuff after I'm op and "beat the game".

I'd just add it to the recipes.xml. You can add it to the mixer pretty easily. I always add a few blocks to that xml because I love building nice stuff after I'm op and "beat the game".

I'll do that if it still doesn't exist after say A18.4

I always opt into the experimentals and restart. The XML almost always gets overwritten, but I still like to keep everything vanilla for awhile so I can report valid bugs.

Y'all need to raise taxes on the zombies and upgrade the streets to concrete. Make the next 7 days before horde night "infrastructure week"!

More srs: I wonder why it wouldn't be added back in? I'd think that any man-made block ought to be craftable. Think of that poor guy from the other day who only plays peaceful, so he can tidy up after the apocalypse! How's he going to clean up the bloodstained streets without proper asphalt?!?

Maybe it has something to do with how RWG puts down roads? Road height offsets from "normal" terrain height? But this was an issue in A17 also and I just solved it by gently hammering or punching the asphalt or dirt blob until it matched the surrounding height.

I’ve asked for it a couple times over the past few weeks. Doesn’t look like it’s gonna happen. Madmole told me to use gravel, lol

But gravel has so few hitpoints, not suitable as surface material. I always liked it to build roads and they removed it? Why?

there's also topsoil....it matches the look of the ground of the biome it's in.

Dang, I think I even looked for soil in the menu, but didn't find anything. Will have to check again, thanks for the heads up.

Archived