Spear looks

Synvastian

I feel like the spears beyond the Stone one look really...unwieldy and, frankly, stupid..

Why are the spears made with like 10 Lbs of metal on the tip? that doesn't add to a stabbing/throwing weapon, it just makes it less effective.

the spears should honestly look a bit like arrows, just polearm size, Pikes come to mind.

Thoughts? comments? questions about my intelligence?

thanks for your time

I've thought the same about them, and surprised this is the first time I've read this opinion posted. The stone spear looks excellent, the steel spear is meh, and the iron spear is awful looking. Not the meshes or anything, just basic design. We are talking basic survival in a post apocalyptic situation, you don't attach an engine block to the end of your spear.

I think it's just the artists having some fun guilding the lily.

I agree. I like that my steel sledgehammer is really just a dumbbell attached to an iron pipe, or that the M60 "Pig" machine gun has a bayonet attached to it. What about those cool spikes on the motorcycle that IRL would be a complete disaster?

It's all just fun and games in an apocalyptic world.

*Can we get a dirt bike though?

I mean, just slimming them down a bit would go a long way...changing from the huge bulky Iron chunk at the end of the iron one with a large roughly beaten out leaf-tip blade would look good, and the steel could be more of a 1 foot length spike with a T junction to keep zombies from "impaling/sliding" towards us after stabbing

I don't particularly care for the way they look, but it's not the first time I've seen game devs pretty stuff up to fit their genre.

I personally dig the spears from Far Cry Primal. Those look boss af. And at least, they aren't waxing gaudy as hell like they do in some MMO's. *cough*GW2*cough*

Archived