CPU is overheating with A18

Slythy

I'm using Acer Predator Helios 300 and CPU temps are going all the way up to 95C. Strange thing is that my CPU usage is only 70%. Also I'm using cooler pad. GPU temps are normal. Temps were normal with 17.4 patch.

I've tried lowest possible settings, changed Nvidia settings etc but nothing brings down my CPU temp.

GPU: GTX 1060

CPU: Intel I7-7700HQ

RAM: 8GB DDR4

Storage: 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD

Anyone else experiencing something similar? Any ideas why this is happening?

Cooler pads have been proven to be useless when it comes to cooling laptops. You'd be better off using an Opolar laptop cooler which sucks out the heat at up to 10x the speed of the laptop's internal fan.

Something else that's been proven to make a difference in temps is to lift the back end of the laptop about an inch off the table to lower the airflow resistance.

For the record though, the problem isn't the game, it's the greedy companies that make laptops and desktop parts with grossly insufficient coolers on them. With proper cooling, stressing out the hardware wouldn't be an issue at all.

TJmax for that cpu is 100c, so you shouldn't be experiencing any issue at 95c.

But... that's pretty freaking hot and I think anyone gaming on a laptop should

have a cooler like the Opolar that Fox recommends. The forced air is much better

at cooling than a cooling pad.

You could wait and see if updates to the game bring your temps down, but, if it

was me, I'd just get a better cooler anyway.

But is it possible to make it use like few of the cores and not all of them?

You can try setting the affinity, but I haven't found it to be successful with Unity. Besides, you really don't want to intentionally cripple your performance.

Really? so like... all 12 of mine?

Yeah. It clocks all 24 on my servers, and all 12 on my desktop. Load is very evenly balanced across all of them

You can try setting the affinity, but I haven't found it to be successful with Unity. Besides, you really don't want to intentionally cripple your performance.

Yeah. It clocks all 24 on my servers, and all 12 on my desktop. Load is very evenly balanced across all of them

Had the exact same issue on my servers, A18 is using the same amount of CPU on every single core on the server.

Then idle (no players, game should be paused) but it's still using 10-20% CPU on all cores.

nothing to do with greedy companies, the game uses alot of CPU, fact, it does need optimization, alot of people are experiencing issues with the game and shifting the blame to "greedy companies" is not helping anyone.

i can barely stream this game on twitch because of how greedy the game is on the CPU, and i am using an i7 8700k at 4.8ghz, 32GB ram, and a GTX 1080.

Archived