Display prompt if you attempt to read a skill book you already know

Brian9824

Would be helpful to know that you've already learned the skill so you can choose to save the skill book versus getting the xp.

Alternatively if you add in a visual indicator that it's already been learnt such as text underneath it that would be nice. Especially when playing on MP i'd imagine many people would want to save duplicate books to give to their friends.

So like if there was the text below the description of recipe that read Recipe: Known or Unknown that would be perfect

Rather than a display prompt if you try to read it, i'd rather skillbooks that you've already read simply... have a red x in the bottom corner of their inventory icon, or something.

No, wait. Maybe a green tick, or just a green outline would be more fitting.

You want a positive sign, which says that you know this, rather than a nagative, which implies that you can't learn this.

TLDR: have it be visible at a glance in your inventory, instead of having to use it first.

Rather than a display prompt if you try to read it, i'd rather skillbooks that you've already read simply... have a red x in the bottom corner of their inventory icon, or something.

No, wait. Maybe a green tick, or just a green outline would be more fitting.

You want a positive sign, which says that you know this, rather than a nagative, which implies that you can't learn this.

TLDR: have it be visible at a glance in your inventory, instead of having to use it first.

There already is an icon to show this.. Top left corner, white, either a closed book for unread or an open book to show it's already been read.

Archived