Multiplayer - Field of View

Thundy

you can change FOV by manually editing the settings file...I cannot remember where that is. You can also use console commands at the start screen and change FOV that way.

Yeh you can but it's locked on multiplayer, right?

- - - Updated - - -

AFAIK, FOV is the same in A18 as it was in A17. No change and no change planned. Sorry.

Ah ok cheers, that's a shame it's a big downer for me and all my mates.

Why was it ever locked in the first place anyway? It was adjustable in A16 why take it away?

Yeh you can but it's locked on multiplayer, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah ok cheers, that's a shame it's a big downer for me and all my mates.

Why was it ever locked in the first place anyway? It was adjustable in A16 why take it away?

Because you can see the lame sleeper zombies hiding just beyond the edges of the doorway with a wider FOV.

Also because it partially fixes the x-ray vision when mining.

I'll probably start a PvP server with a18, and FoV will be locked on joining the server.

Is that possible? what about the 3 defaults of FOV. which one will you select for your server? I'm very curious to know if this is possible as I'll pass this info along to server owners I know.

Is that possible? what about the 3 defaults of FOV. which one will you select for your server? I'm very curious to know if this is possible as I'll pass this info along to server owners I know.

Yes it is currently possible. If it will be possible in a18 remains to be seen, but I have hopes that the command will function.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the 3 defaults of FoV", but I would set it at the current default of 65. (Unless that default changes for a18.)

The Unity editor defaults at 60. 90 or 95 is more common on newer FPS games, though the industry standard was 60 previously. It's theorized that a lot of games without an FoV setting are configured to 75, but it's hard to be certain. Some measure horizontal, while others measure it vertically. As ultra-wide displays become more popular, the standard could increase to around 120 several years from now.

Nevermind lol....I guess no one has figured this out yet. I'm going to delete my previous post as I thought people would have figured it out by now lol. There are 3 default values pre set for FOV in a17.0-a17.3...maybe no one knows this or it changed in A17.4 as I did not do extensive testing on that alpha.

Now that I'm thinking about it...I wonder if what I discovered is a bug not known to anyone and is not actually supposed to work this way...hmm. I'll have to talk with a tester and find out.

Or I have no clue what the heck im talking about lol...

I plan on testing this tomorrow as I never tried it in A17.4

Nevermind lol....I guess no one has figured this out yet. I'm going to delete my previous post as I thought people would have figured it out by now lol. There are 3 default values pre set for FOV in a17.0-a17.3...maybe no one knows this or it changed in A17.4 as I did not do extensive testing on that alpha.

Now that I'm thinking about it...I wonder if what I discovered is a bug not known to anyone and is not actually supposed to work this way...hmm. I'll have to talk with a tester and find out.

Or I have no clue what the heck im talking about lol...

I plan on testing this tomorrow as I never tried it in A17.4

LOL don't worry about it. Each version had quite a few changes in the settings and the UI.

Because you can see the lame sleeper zombies hiding just beyond the edges of the doorway with a wider FOV.

Yeh, but that's the player's choice or it should be. It should just come with a warning that it'll create unintended effects and potentially spoil your experience, not be removed - in my view.

- - - Updated - - -

crap since thats true I bet it will not work in A18. Ahh well screw it then I'll wait and see if I can still do the permanent FOV change, ...bug..glitch..whatever it could be called, in A18. Thanks

You worried that people will abuse it on PvP servers?

You worried that people will abuse it on PvP servers?

I'm not worried about anything. If cheating makes them think it'll help them kill me or raid me more power to them because they will need to cheat as much as possible if they want to be the first humans to ever kill me in this game lmfao. I'm looking out for a few server owners I know that bitched about players changing there FOV and asked if I ever figure out a way to stop it to let them know. Only reason I bothered.

EDIT: If you are referring to my deleted posts. I deleted them because some bugs/exploits should not be known by the vast majority or else yes it can be used to cheat. I could care less about cheaters but I try and consider the entire player base as a whole. Example, I know a few bugs that if they every got discovered by the avg player it would spread like wild fire among the community and kill PVP servers for everyone.

Okaaaaay..... /backs away

Seriously though I was just asking - it didn't occur to me that people play this PvP really as I just play co-op with mates so I can see why you'd delete it on reflection.

Would you DM me the details on how to set the FOV on multiplayer please?

Archived