New biome!!!

kamakazi

I have one request and one request only!

For the love of God! Please remove Burnt Forest and wasteland!!!

NO ONE like these terrible discouraging biomes, they are lifeless extremely boring!

I have seen several polls where these two crap biomes finish last with never above 5% likes!

Bring back the plains or introduce a subtropical biome or maybe a swamp wetland biome, without the annoying haze that the crap biomes have!

I constantly have to restart maps due to it being only these two crap biomes, Im getting fed up with it TBH

At the very least, give us an option to create Randomly generated maps without specific biomes AND sub biomes! :upset:

Right now those two biomes are rather useless and frustrating. Back a couple Alphas ago you could find a large city in the middle of the wasteland biome that made it worth dealing with to get to the loot there.

MadMole has mentioned there are plans to revisit the wasteland and radiated biomes to add features to make them worthwhile areas to visit in a mid to late game. If any of that is going to come in A18 I don't know.

On a side note, I like the idea of a swamp biome. Possibly have special plants growing there for medical uses or that such.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there is a place for more bioms,BUT the wasteland and burned forum should remain at all cost! The wasteland is my favorite biome, expecialy in PVP servers. The burned forest is also somewhat challenging in its own ways, but tbh i rarely see,/find one of those...

The wastland is one of the best(if not the best) biomes to play in PVP server (atleast IMO) Its kinda quiet and peaceful, not many players play or go trough, new server players are avoiding it and etc...

P.S Swamp biome sounds good, and i wish there was some mountainous biome..

I actually like the wasteland but it could uses a Update. Hate the buried Forest maybe that can be in random area just some Burned Trees

But i do like the idea of a swamp maybe some Alligators and has mud and Sand and cattails and maybe a new zombie there called the Drowned Victim: he would Look very Muddy and he can fling Mud at you.

and maybe some sub Biomes like the snowy forest, Snowy wasteland , Desert wasteland , Mash Wasteland Ect

and a few new Biomes Mountains/Hills and the Tundra

But i have a Idea to make the Wasteland Better.

Because it's Such a dangerous Area it should be resource Rich with every Resource in the Biome even Oil shale. and Area were you can Harvest Brass and other Resources Like Scrap Piles , Electronics Piles, and More and some animals live there like Bears Wolves and Boars

Remove the Mines cuz thats BS

and To add a little Change Dust Storms can come

• 2 weeks later...

A swamp biome? Like with sleepers popping out of opaque, knee deep water as you pass by? I could get behind that. Maybe increase the chance of sickness while treading through the waters there.

I'd also like a canyon biome. Good place to find POI mines. Maybe a river at the bottom. Toss some bridges in there as well. For some reason, I've always loved rope bridges.

I don't like the idea of removing biomes, as they've already done that and I feel there aren't enough as is. I like the wasteland and burnt forest for the most part, I think they just need to be redesigned a bit. I found them to be a bit more interesting in previous alphas.

I really miss the plains biome myself.

Overall the current biome setup is really bland IMO, and a decline from previous versions.

I don't like the idea of removing biomes, as they've already done that and I feel there aren't enough as is. I like the wasteland and burnt forest for the most part, I think they just need to be redesigned a bit. I found them to be a bit more interesting in previous alphas.

I really miss the plains biome myself.

Overall the current biome setup is really bland IMO, and a decline from previous versions.

i think that the wasteland and the burnt forest could uses some tlc

like the burnt forest could have sulfur (which could be uses to make meds and another way to make gunpowder and able to make different ammo) , (melted metal which gives you scrap metal and rarely forged metal).

wasteland could have small amounts of rads , and have mutated animals and plants like glowing mushrooms , melted Brass a small node of brass that you can harvest.

and sub biomes found in random gen like Cold wasteland, desert wasteland , overgrown wasteland , cold desert(just snow and ice) overgrown desert, badlands , Dry Forest , cold forest , Marsh Forest , Cold Burnt forest , overgrown burnt forest , mountains, grassland's ( just like the plains but with green grass and small trees).

and whenever it rains in one biome. they all have rain

Archived