The new POI upgrades are incredible

VirtuallyReal

My only regret is that they feel harder to defend, but that's not a complaint really.

I wish there was a quest that forced you to defend against waves of zombies at different POI locations. Everyone has either their super bases where the zombies have no chance of getting through or wide open spaces to run around and kill them in the streets

But what if they had to remain inside a POI and ensure an NPC survives? There are a variety of POIs that would offer different challenges to defend and keep players on their toes without the complete control and planning we get with blood moons.

I wish there was a quest that forced you to defend against waves of zombies at different POI locations. Everyone has either their super bases where the zombies have no chance of getting through or wide open spaces to run around and kill them in the streets

But what if they had to remain inside a POI and ensure an NPC survives? There are a variety of POIs that would offer different challenges to defend and keep players on their toes without the complete control and planning we get with blood moons.

But this quest would have to give you some preparation time.

Currently the quests start immediately after activation and reset the building. This would mean that installed traps would disappear.

Without traps, it wouldn't be more than killing zombies in a shooter. There wouldn't be much left of the sandbox and tower defense aspect.

Not much prep time. Lots of prep time just means you would do to the poi what you do in your own base—make it perfectly defendable with no chance of being overrun and failing the quest.

You’d be able to prep anything you want and have it in your inventory before hitting the activation marker but then it would be only a few minutes before the first wave comes to frantically place what you can and then make do with what you’ve got.

Not much prep time. Lots of prep time just means you would do to the poi what you do in your own base—make it perfectly defendable with no chance of being overrun and failing the quest.

You’d be able to prep anything you want and have it in your inventory before hitting the activation marker but then it would be only a few minutes before the first wave comes to frantically place what you can and then make do with what you’ve got.

That wouldn't be a quest for me. I prefer to kill zombies with good planning and preparation, not by doing one on Rambo. That wouldn't be much different for me than playing DayZ.

This makes perfect sense, and would work will with the bandit/survivor mechanics.

It would be great if they went the Left 4 Dead route with quests:

• Make it to x location. Vehicles do not work during quest. Hordes trigger randomly and\or via screamers \ cops.
  • Defend NPC.
  • Retrieve X and take to Y.
  • Scavenge X unique item while defending a single POI.
  • Hunt for unique zombie \ NPC at X location. It will try to get away from you.
  • Stealth, make it to a POI without alerting zombies
  • Stealth, escape a POI without alerting zombies (top floor of a sky scraper)
  • Etc...

Basically all the main tropey quest types, but with hordes trying to stop you at random intervals and random super zombies coming after you.

Archived