splat3.png is blank

timmodude

Prior to updating to 17.3, the splat3.png image file created during random world generation showed the road system of the map. Now the file is completely blank. It doesn't show the roads anymore. Is this intended or a bug?

• 4 months later...

But HOW...

The alpha is set to zero, you can just "anti erase" eg increase the alpha value, then you see the splat map roads...

Maybe they wanted to save from bytes for a smaller size, or its an oversight.

So how do you increase the alpha value? I couldn't find an answer for this anywhere else!:miserable:

The alpha is set to zero, you can just "anti erase" eg increase the alpha value, then you see the splat map roads...

Maybe they wanted to save from bytes for a smaller size, or its an oversight.

Holy Crap, I just thought they stopped using it!

This is good to know now!

I did that using paint.net and it didn't work the area was just grey when I set opacity to 100, and I tried using photoshop as well but when I try copying the selected area it says"cannot copy because the selected area is empty", So I have no idea where roads and towns are, I hope we don't have to do stuff like these for A18.

Select the area

Copy

Paste as new layer

Choose an appropriate color (use black) and use the Fill tool to fill the section completely

Select Layer properties and drag the Opacity slider

Merge Layer Down

(Paint.net)

CaptianEB is correct, this method does not work.

I tried it in Paint.net and in GIMP

• 3 weeks later...
Select the area

Copy

Paste as new layer

Choose an appropriate color (use black) and use the Fill tool to fill the section completely

Select Layer properties and drag the Opacity slider

Merge Layer Down

(Paint.net)

I tried this with Paint 3D and it partially worked. There's a large area in the middle that's all white.

Archived