how are prefabs placed on map?

Vomkat

How exactly are prefabs placed on a random map?

I'm assuming there is some kind of a grid? Does the size of the prefab matter much? If you make a bunch of small ones, are they gonna squish together next to each other, or is a city just going to look ridiculously spread out?

If you guys don't know the answer, then don't post pretending like you do. If you do know the answer, and you don't want to answer it, then don't post either. It's just so stupid to make a meaningless post which adds no additional information and makes no attempt to answer the question.

There's more to the programming than an .xml file.

Yah wow, the .xml has

"<street_gen level="25" length_multiplier="6"><axiom value="[FFCT][-FFT][+FFI][--FFN][+FFT][-FFI][++FN][F-FF+FF[-T]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+I]FF-F[+N]"/ <rule char="T" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+I**]FF-F[+N*K]"/>>"

I already knew that. Don't act like it's self-evident how that is actually processed during map generation. I mean wtf, if you don't know, or don't want to answer, just stfu.

Check your attitude kiddo. If you bothered to scroll down a little in that file you would see where it has prefab rules. In those rules you see prefab groups and in prefab groups are prefab names. The prefab names are the names of the specific prefab that will be generated in that group. Probability is how likely that prefab will spawn and max count is how many can generate. Ultimately it is a giant mess of math that has been added to and removed from so many times that it is rather unreliable. And if you want better answers, ask better questions. You basically asked someone to explain every little thing about map generation which is a little unreasonable. If you had bothered to mention what you wanted to do with the information, it would have been easier to give a better answer.

If you guys don't know the answer, then don't post pretending like you do. If you do know the answer, and you don't want to answer it, then don't post either. It's just so stupid to make a meaningless post which adds no additional information and makes no attempt to answer the question.

There's more to the programming than an .xml file.

Yah wow, the .xml has

"<street_gen level="25" length_multiplier="6"><axiom value="[FFCT][-FFT][+FFI][--FFN][+FFT][-FFI][++FN][F-FF+FF[-T]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+I]FF-F[+N]"/ <rule char="T" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+I**]FF-F[+N*K]"/>>"

I already knew that. Don't act like it's self-evident how that is actually processed during map generation. I mean wtf, if you don't know, or don't want to answer, just stfu.

If you had asked a specific question, you would have gotten a specific answer. I doubt you will now.

Best of luck.

Archived