After using a 2 day BM deviation, setting it back to zero has bad effects on my Dedi

sbangs007

Since i tested deviation of 2, so BM should occur between day 5 and day 9 of the week.

However when BM occured on a deviated day, there was no warning, no storms, just red sky at 21:00, so that was little notice to get the group to our horde base.

So i changed it back to default of 0.. since then now BM occurs and any day and I cant fix this. Using RAT server, and even edited the server xml manually and still. BM night always occurring on day 7 is not happening.

Not 7 days to die on my server now, its more like "Die Any Day" now on my server.

Any fix for this?

Thanks

Since i tested deviation of 2, so BM should occur between day 5 and day 9 of the week.

However when BM occured on a deviated day, there was no warning, no storms, just red sky at 21:00, so that was little notice to get the group to our horde base.

So i changed it back to default of 0.. since then now BM occurs and any day and I cant fix this. Using RAT server, and even edited the server xml manually and still. BM night always occurring on day 7 is not happening.

Not 7 days to die on my server now, its more like "Die Any Day" now on my server.

Any fix for this?

Thanks

What values did you use exactly? Blood moon depends on THREE values:

BloodMoonFrequency, default 7

BloodMoonRange, default 0

BloodMoonWarning, default 8 . Note this is the HOUR on the blood moon day that the warning starts to appear.

What are your values? If you want to make sure, look into the server config AND into the server log file and search for the string "BloodMoon".

What values did you use exactly? Blood moon depends on THREE values:

BloodMoonFrequency, default 7

BloodMoonRange, default 0

BloodMoonWarning, default 8 . Note this is the HOUR on the blood moon day that the warning starts to appear.

What are your values? If you want to make sure, look into the server config AND into the server log file and search for the string "BloodMoon".

I left everytihng at default, except Range, i changed that to 2.

When i did that, BM did deviate within 2 days of day 7. BUT there was no warning.

So i set it back to 0, back to default and after that. BM happend on any day without warning again.

I just rebuilt my server from ground up and replaced player and region files. So waiting on the upcoming Sunday BM to see if this is resolved.

I left everytihng at default, except Range, i changed that to 2.

When i did that, BM did deviate within 2 days of day 7. BUT there was no warning.

So i set it back to 0, back to default and after that. BM happend on any day without warning again.

I just rebuilt my server from ground up and replaced player and region files. So waiting on the upcoming Sunday BM to see if this is resolved.

When you had Range at 2 it would have meant the bloodmoon could occur between day 7 and 9 (not 5 and 9).

Apart from that, yes, sounds very much like a bug.

So i discovered this bug gets created when you use the console command to settime and go backwards. Which I do when noobs join my server to give them some more day time to get adjusted, especially if BM is coming up.

Moving foward a week or two then i got BM to occur on Sunday again, BUT AGAIN, NO WARNINGS whatsoever

I hope this really gets fixed.

• 1 month later...

Maybe you can try this:

Delete/rename your main.ttw in the Saves folder that is where the current timers for hordes are I think.

The Game will rebuild it.

Seems if you jump Back in time with settime the hordes get hosed and you will have no zombies on horde night.

Good luck.

Note: you will have to delete your Region files also as they need to rebuild the zombie spawns otherwise your poi's will have no zombies.

So i discovered this bug gets created when you use the console command to settime and go backwards. Which I do when noobs join my server to give them some more day time to get adjusted, especially if BM is coming up.

Moving foward a week or two then i got BM to occur on Sunday again, BUT AGAIN, NO WARNINGS whatsoever

I hope this really gets fixed.

Be very wary using the settime command. For example, crops will be stamped with a growth date, and if you skip over it, those crops will never mature (at least, that's how it used to be, I haven't actually tested it in Alpha 17).

This is why changing stuff like time scale (rl mins per day) and other such settings is generally a bad move to do in the middle of a game, it messes with everything. There is no real way for tfp to fix that either as its too much that can go wonky after a timescale etc switch.

Using cheat engine for a 2.0x speedhack can also cause some wonky stuff to happen, i've seen it mess with AI, stop wandering hordes and various other things.

This is why changing stuff like time scale (rl mins per day) and other such settings is generally a bad move to do in the middle of a game, it messes with everything. There is no real way for tfp to fix that either as its too much that can go wonky after a timescale etc switch.

Using cheat engine for a 2.0x speedhack can also cause some wonky stuff to happen, i've seen it mess with AI, stop wandering hordes and various other things.

I think altering time should just about be removed as a command, there's that many things it can oh so easily affect (as in break). #no_settime

I think altering time should just about be removed as a command, there's that many things it can oh so easily affect (as in break). #no_settime

Well allow it for the world inital generation but after that grey out the option, this would allow u to set these things but not brick your world because you change them after its made.

Well allow it for the world inital generation but after that grey out the option, this would allow u to set these things but not brick your world because you change them after its made.

I think a warning perhaps next to the commands list (or a prompt if its use is attempted) would be good. It's not always a problem, but server admins need to understand the risks involved in using it I guess.

Be very wary using the settime command. For example, crops will be stamped with a growth date, and if you skip over it, those crops will never mature (at least, that's how it used to be, I haven't actually tested it in Alpha 17).

If you Settime backward...

From my experience (A17.2):

Crops grow normally timers are in the Region file.

Traders restock timers will be the horde day of the time you left to go back they are also in region file.

(So say you are day 400 and you go back to 100... traders will have a restock of day 406)

Things affected are Horde spawns mostly

REMOVING the Main.ttw

Will fix a lot of the SETTIME problems but will cause POI's zombie spawns to hose. (delete regions to reset)

Good luck.

Archived